HDD (SECONDARY) SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1 TB
RAM Corsair 32 gb 1600 mhz
VGA Gigabyte gtx 680 4gb
COOLER COOLERMASTER SEIDON 120XL
PSU Corsair TX Series 650WATT PSU 80 Bronze
CASE Fractal Design Define R4

an overclock was made through selection of the XMP profile in the UEFI

Problem:

Sudden reboots of the operating system occur first during heavy CPU and RAM operations such as production of high-demand renders, then suddenly immediately after starting the desktop screen or after shutting down the PC (sometimes even when using the UEFI). These factors made me exclude a possible malfunction of the cooling system, also with HWMonitor, during the production of the renders, until the auto-shutdown, the maximum CPU temperature was always below 68.8 C ° indicated by Intel's Tcase.

I tried to disassemble and reassemble the RAM slots according to the MoBo manual, having first purchased a 16 kit and the next after about two years. At first I tried with only 16 GB of the first kit, then only 16 of the second kit, then 16 in the blue slots of the first kit and 16 in the black ones and vice versa but I did not solve the problem.

The only inconsistency I noticed is that in CPU-Z one kit is indicated with single rank and the other dual, same differences in JEDEC values such as frequency, I verified the same thing by checking them in the UEFI both in the AI tweaker and in the tools advanced mode (same thing happens by returning the values to "AUTO" mode in the AI tweaker).

Xpoes

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2014
I had a similar problem, random restarts out of nowhere, once or twice per day..
It took me a while to get there, but in the end I downgraded my Nvidia driver for my GeForce GTX 970 card from the latest version (445.87 at the moment) to version 432.00.
After that, my random restarts were gone.