Sudden recovery from standby

Status
Not open for further replies.

I had my laptop on standby today and after an hour, it suddenly booted
up as if I had pressed the button to make it recover from standby.

Is there any potential reason for this to suddenly happen? The laptop
was running on battery power.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

raider_108@yahoo.com (John Stables) wrote:
>I had my laptop on standby today and after an hour, it suddenly booted
>up as if I had pressed the button to make it recover from standby.

Check all your peripherals in Device Manager and see if any of them
are set to "Allow this device to wake the computer up from Standby"
(OSLT). Could have even been a spurious mouse or keyboard click...