[SOLVED] Sudden Shut-off. VGA Light powered on. No post.

erik.dunn

Prominent
Jan 2, 2020
*This computer has been working for nearly 5 months prior to this issue.
While I playing Minecraft and watching Amazon Prime on Chrome I experienced a sudden shut-off from my computer.
My computer:
AMD RYZEN 9 3900X
ASUS TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS
GTX 1660 Ti -> REPLACED with ZOTAC 3060; assumed GPU was cooked, purchased 3060, still getting VGA light.
64 GB (4 x 16) TridentZ Gskill 3200
EVGA 750 GT Gold Plus Cert. PSU

So far, I've switched GPUs, I purchased a second motherboard, I've tried one stick of ram at a time, I've cleared CMOS, I've tried re-seating CPU, rebuilding the PC, as well as trying the second 8-pin on my PSU. Everything has lead to the VGA light still being illuminated.

Any thoughts? At this point I'm going to have an entirely new computer by the time I've figured out what might be the issue. I'm unable to post, meaning no bios changes due to no integrated graphics either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
if it shows DRAM light, then its what it is...RAM doesnt work

reset CMOS with jumper, try one stick in A2 slot, wait up to 2 minutes, if it wont post replace A2 slot with another stick and repeat until you test all sticks in A2 slot
if no post from all 4 sticks (in 1stick test config), then you may need different ram

reset CMOS with jumper, try one stick in A2 slot, wait up to 2 minutes, if it wont post replace A2 slot with another stick and repeat until you test all sticks in A2 slot
if no post from all 4 sticks (in 1stick test config), then you may need different ram

Solution

erik.dunn

Prominent
Jan 2, 2020

Shoot, I apologize. It's the VGA light. got the two mixed up. It is for sure the VGA light that's bright white when the computer turns on. the DRAM light illuminates then promptly shuts off, same with CPU.

D

Deleted member 14196

Reset the CMOS. You swap motherboard so you’ll probably have to install windows clean After you get it to boot