Question Sudden slow boot times

Spaghetti123

Reputable
Feb 15, 2019
Beforehand my boot times were still a bit slow for nvme speeds (about 15 seconds to boot), however now everytime I boot past my bios a black screen with the windows loading circle (low resolution) will spin for about 30 additional seconds before letting me into windows. My bios times in task manager is usually around 20 seconds but it feels much longer. I've ran diagnostic tests on both my drives and they come back to be healthy (temps, corruption, free space) I've tried cmd commands, editing msconfig, turning off startup apps but still nothing. I find strange that this just suddenly started happening after doing nothing but turning my computer off and using it the next day and though that my 970 evo 250gb (windows is installed into this drive) is stuck at 100% usage by the system process after logging in and eventually lowers back down after startup. This never used to happen so I'm just wondering if there are any other methods I could look into.

Pc specs:

Intel Core i9-9900k (5GHz Overclock)

Msi Gtx 1060 6gb (Overclocked)

Gigabyte z390 Elite Motherboard

2x8 XPG Spectrix D41 Memory (3200mhz)

1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus Nvme M.2 Drive

250 GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus Nvme M.2 Drive

Corsair RMX 850 Watt Power Supply

Spaghetti123

Reputable
Feb 15, 2019
use samsung magicien to check drive in case of update on them for firmware and use glary uitilies on load page for start up then post a picture of it here that where you could have delai on load for os .

I checked samsung magician and all my firmware is updated. I also used glary utilities to clear out some things relating to boot and also used it to fix registry, however still did nothing. Also do you mean to ask me to post what I have on startup? Because turning everything off on startup didn't change anything.