Question Sudden Slow Startup

Fire-Wire

Honorable
Jul 13, 2017
I don't know if this is the place for this question, but, well... Let me contextualize a bit, so no one wastes their time: for 2 to 3 days I've been feeling the startup taking waaaay more time to load than usual - before the little balls in the loading screen barely made a full circle and I was greeted by my PIN, and now, it takes around 30 seconds, give it or take, I didn't count yet. And I can't, for the life of me, pinpoint the issue.

Things I did:
  • Restarted
  • Switched boot priority
  • Turned fast boot on and off (no difference)
  • Cleaned the Ram sticks (who knows)
Clues I gathered:
  • I use Intel's XTU since forever, and I undervolt my i7 7700k (because it is a 7700k) - thing is, turning the PC off and booting it doesn't alter the XTU profiles, it keeps my changes, except when restarting. But, now, XTU's profile reset to default when I turn off, as if I was crashing or restarting. And might I add that restarting always had more loading time both to turn off and to boot up. So, maybe turning if off is actually restarting it off? I dont know, food for thought.
  • In Safe Mode, it turned off super fast, as it used to.
Extra Details:
  • The thing that would probably fix things is restoring to September 30th (the last restore point), but I would lose some things I cannot put my self through getting again and backup wouldn't cut it. IT IS my last resort, though.
My configs (if it helps with something):
Gtx 1060 6Gb
i7 7700k
16Gb Ram
240Gb ssd
1Tb HD

So, any thoughts? ☺

Last edited:

Fire-Wire

Honorable
Jul 13, 2017
Sorry, I should've included that. Temps are fine, ssd is fine (as per user benchmark) all hardware is acting just as they should. Is there any other spec you wish to know?