[SOLVED] Sudden Soaring GPU Temps!

gamer2525

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2013
Hello all!

My Asus laptop (NVIDIA RTX 2060, Intel i7-10750@2.6GHz) suddenly started overheating while gaming. I normally sit at around 75degC GPU, but all of a sudden today I am at 86degC GPU and 96degC CPU (the game displays these numbers in red, 86deg is the number where the data turns red). I do not have my cooling pad as I am in a hotel for work, but I do not think the change in temps should be so drastic. I normally am in Florida (warm, moist, dense air). Today I am in Denver (cold, dry, thin air). Maybe climate has something to do with it? I dusted off the CPU and GPU fans today, and it is still reaching 85deg on the GPU. I went into my Armoury Crate, and put my system into manual mode too, hoping it would help. I did not touch the overclocking of the GPU or CPU, but only put my fans to 100% power, still at 85deg.

Thanks in advanced and happy holidays!

Last edited:
Solution
Apart from increasing the fan speeds you could check system settings in windows and check to see if there is an Asus app that controls performance or GPU. OR if everything looks good , buy a laptop cooler.

uppercut4u

Reputable
Mar 22, 2018
Apart from increasing the fan speeds you could check system settings in windows and check to see if there is an Asus app that controls performance or GPU. OR if everything looks good , buy a laptop cooler.

Solution

gamer2525

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2013
Yes the ARMOURY Crate app (made by asus) allows me to monitor gpu and cpu temps. I take my laptop on business all the time, and leave my cooling pad at home. It never gets this hot. I’ve never dropped it or anything. It’s only a 6 month old laptop.