Sudden Youtube Green Screen.

Panzer Man

Commendable
Aug 14, 2016
So today I started having problems with Youtube and not being able to watch certain videos. I've had this problem in the past, but not under these circumstances.

I started experiencing the "Youtube Green Screen", which from what I can gather has been a common problem for a while. Although in my case, It looks pretty unfix-able. This is because all the previous posts I could find regarding this problem are from two or tree years ago, before Youtube changed a lot about the way it works. First of all, the simple solution for most is to right click the video and disable hardware acceleration. You can't do this on 2016 Youtube, because it has a custom right click menu, not the default flash player right click menu, but I was able to get into the settings and disable hardware acceleration from a flash application.This had no effect on the problem, and the green screen still happens. I don't know how this problem sprang up, I haven't done anything out of the ordinary to warrant it, things like Chrome and Flash are up to date and all that. What's strange is that it doesn't happen with all Youtube videos, only certain ones. It mostly seems to affect videos I haven't watched before. I haven't had any success trying to fix it, but I was able to get one video to work properly by changing the quality, but this hasn't worked for any other videos.

This problem also occurs with stuff outside Youtube. Stuff like Gifs and non-flash videos will only appear as a green screen.

I normally would keep looking for a solution, but all the solutions i find are dead ends. I created an account just for this. If I'm missing something here, please tell me so I can fix the green screen.