Suddenlink email tutorial windows 7

NCBlue

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
Okay here's the problem. I just got a new computer and it came with Windows 7. My Internet is set up with "Suddenlink". Okay, the problem is: I do not like the e-mail program that came with Windows 7. I rather liked my OutLook Express while I had it on Windows XP. Okay, I have since found a e-mail program I can get use to a whole lot faster then the Windows 7 e-mail program. And the program is "Thunderbird" e-mail program. I downloaded it and thought I had it made in the shade, but I was far from it. Apparently, Suddenlink does not utilize secure e-mail servers and therefore has provided a stumbling block on proceeding. I also get a pop up box saying that Suddenlink has refused connection. Does anyone even remotely have any idea what is wrong? If so I would like to hear about it. Thanks :(

Suddenlink Help

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
NCBlue,
My name is Tina and I am with Suddenlink. You should be able to use Thunderbird for your .net mail. You will need to configure your “Security Settings” for “Use secure connection: Never” - then he should be able to access your email through Thunderbird. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me at tina-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you.