[SOLVED] Suddenly cannot get to Windows after shutting down ?

Dogs10188

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2014
Specs:

Msi tomahawk x570
Ryzen 5600x
gt 1030
2tb 980 pro Samsung Boot Drive
1 tb 970 plus Samsung drive for extra game space
1000w Rose will 1000M2 psu
32 gigs ram

Has been working fine since around December 2020. XMP was on but no cpu oc or gpu oc

So earlier today I was watching a video when suddenly the video stopped. I left Fullscreen to check if I was still connected to the internet and but when I tried to hover/click on the task bar nothing happened. I try to open task manager, clicked the start button and it took like 30 seconds to open the start menu and then did not load at all. Tried to Ctrl+alt+del to open task manager but the Ctrl alt del menu did not open either, after a few minutes of trying, I decided to just try and turn my PC off. Just tapping the power didn't work so I held the power button until the system powered down.

When turning back on it went directly to bios and neither of my NVME showed up in boot priority, exiting bios just restarts into the bios. On the Mobo the Boot debug light is on. I cannot change any boot options to my NVME as the options simply do not show up. Both m.2 show up in bios but I cannot select them to boot, I tried NVME self test and the 970 passed and the 980 fails instantly.

I updated the bios to the most recent version after the issues started to no avail.

Any solutions to this, did my 980 fail? Any ideas on what happened would be helpful, 980 should still be in warranty period if need be but there is a lot of personal data I wouldn't like to lose. Guess this is the damage I needed to finally start backing up photos and videos and my mod files though.

Dogs10188

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2014
If anyone is else ends up looking for the answer to a similar question the answer is That it was indeed my boot drive that failed, after pulling out my 980 and installing windows onto the 970 it booted up into windows like normal. Now I got my fingers crossed that Samsung will replace my 980 and not find some random reason to deny me.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran

TRENDING THREADS