Question Suddenly can't use keyboard in bios?

albertsstone

Prominent
Jun 5, 2018
Hey guys. something strange happened today when I wanted to get inside the Bios but for unknown reason the keyboard didn't work? I have used the same usb keyboard entering the bios without any problems many times before!!! I tried reset the bios {ga-z77x-ud5h} but still no working? the keyboad is working fine in everyday use. it's also working fine when I press delete key to enter bios. but after I enter bios it stops working??? any suggestions? Plz excuse my terrible English :kissingsmiling:

albertsstone

Prominent
Jun 5, 2018
Do you have another keyboard to test?
I don't see anyone else having this specific problem, unless it was an old BIOS version.
Unfortunately I have only one keyboard. The good thing is that I can still use the mouse in the bios 😁. I will try flashing a new bios firmware or I might downgrade it to see how it goes.

albertsstone

Prominent
Jun 5, 2018
In between the time your KB worked (got into BIOS) and the time it quit allowing you to get into BIOS, have you done a BIOS update?
Which KB are we talking about?
The KB is working until I hit delete key to enter the bios. (meaning when I start the pc I can hit delete key to enter the bios) but after I enter the bios the KB not responding? all lights show up like the kaps lock and num lock. the KB is corsair rgb. the KB seems to me to be perfectly working but I suspect the MB has some issue! since it's very old one. btw. the bios version was the latest already running so I just downloaded an older version and flashed it but still had the issue, so I reflashed the latest one again and didn't fix the issue. anyway . I will just use the mouse in the bios for now... this bios thing start giving me headache so I will just ignore it 😁

Thanks all guys for suggestions : )