[SOLVED] suddenly cartridge is not recognized by my HP 1112 inkjet printer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 15, 2021
Hi,

I have been using this brand new HP 1112 printer for 6 months with pre-installed cartridges black and tri-color. After two months black cartridge ink was emptied & refilled, using it for awhile, suddenly my printer said "listed black cartridge is missing or damaged" so i bought new black cartridge and using it. today pre-installed tri-color cartridge is not recognizing by my printer.

yup, this pre-installed tri-color is also refilled recently.

How come I am not able to use my refilled cartridges.

Is this HP application detects refilled cartridge and stop using it ?

I have tried below things to resolve this issue.

* re-installed driver software

* tried fix it by HP doctor app but it throwed message to check for power button led mode. it was quick blinking and go thru printer manual for led error codes.

Ink cartridge issues
Identify whether an ink cartridge has a problem
If you get an ink cartridge problem message from the printer software that states at least one of the
cartridges has a problem, do the following to identify whether a cartridge has a problem.
1. Remove the black cartridge and then close the cartridge access door.
● If the Power button light blinks quickly, the tri-color cartridge has a problem.
● If the Power button light does not blink, the tri-color cartridge does not have a problem.
2. Install the black cartridge back in the printer, remove tri-color cartridge, and then close the cartridge
access door.
● If the Power button light blinks quickly, the black cartridge has a problem.
● If the Power button light does not blink, the black cartridge does not have a problem.

Printer Power button led was quick blinking if tri-color is installed, once removed tri-color, printer started to work normal.

*also cleaned the power contact pins or dots on both printer and cartridge.

Is this a feature or i have a defective ink cartridges but if one cartridge went unrecognizable then it could be defective. it is curious when tri-color cartridge too unrecognizable suddenly.

Thanks

Solution
New printers among many other products are using (forget the actual word for this) "authentication" to be sure that you are utilizing stock manufacturer made products. This is going on with printers, Keurig, and many other items. Are you using the branded cartridges or aftermarket "fits" stuff?

We have a similar issue with the Brother printers that we use. We located a company that sells remanufactured (read as refilled) carts that are the stock enclosure with the little chip (or whatever it is) inside. If we try to use any other brand it refuses to see there is ink.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
New printers among many other products are using (forget the actual word for this) "authentication" to be sure that you are utilizing stock manufacturer made products. This is going on with printers, Keurig, and many other items. Are you using the branded cartridges or aftermarket "fits" stuff?

We have a similar issue with the Brother printers that we use. We located a company that sells remanufactured (read as refilled) carts that are the stock enclosure with the little chip (or whatever it is) inside. If we try to use any other brand it refuses to see there is ink.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.