Question Suddenly experiencing Low FPS while gaming on MSI GS65 Stealth Thin Laptop

Nov 12, 2021
Hi all,

Hoping someone can help me figure out what is wrong with my laptop, I've almost given up. I recently noticed that I was getting FPS in the 0s and teens while playing FFXIV and some other games. At first it seemed to be confined to Steam games. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of games in question, done the same with Steam, rolled back Nvidia drivers even. I finally did a factory reset, which appeared to solve the issue, but after a second gaming attempt found out that it had gotten worse and spread to non-Steam games. After the reset I also ran the Unigine Superposition benchmark, which oddly seems to provide good fps.

My Laptop:
MSi GS65 Stealth Thin 8RF-037US
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20 GHz
RAM: 16 GB DDR4
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 with Max-Q Design

This is my first time posting, so forgive me if it's not the best post. I will try to answer questions in a reasonable timeframe.

Thanks!

Nov 12, 2021
Hmm, that might be something to consider, but some games are running just fine (Just tried Star Wars Battlefront II). I also am not noticing any particular alarming temperatures (GPU-Z) it's staying in the low to mid 80s with a hotspot of 98 max.