Question Suddenly high GPU usage, bad Frames etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2021
Hi there,

So from one day to the other my 1070gtx Performance in Games was suddenly bad. 50% of frames were lost, I had stuttering etc.
I checked certain things like the GPU usage which was between 97-99% in games like CS:GO at low settings, a game that is known for being CPU heavy.
Also I noticed that even while Browsing a normal Forum my GPU usage was at about 50%, this dissappeared after restart. Adobe Programms also are running slower.
In general my GPU suddenly acts like a Diva.

Here is a Screenshot of my Taskmanager while playing:
View: https://i.imgur.com/CvDR6VE.png

A few things I already did:

- Making a gameplay video with afterburner:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1hBmx_2IiY

Specs:
i7 6700k
1070gtx
16gig
Samsung Evo

I wanna note again that everything was fine until I woke up the next day and tried to play. I dont have any graphic glitches or System breakdowns.

I would really appreciate any help. Im not an expert on tech stuff so have mercy.
Nice holidays to all of you!

Dec 30, 2021
I have same problem.
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: GTX 1070 8GB

When i run cs go it runs at 99% gpu usage,i tryed to reinstal gpu with display driver uninstal,tryed to roll back the driver but the outcome was the same,idk what to do its so annoying.In other games i have no problems with gpu usage or cpu so it seems like the only problem i get is with csgo.

Dec 30, 2021
I would turn "Vertical SYnc" to on in game settings and see what it does...
i tryed it right now,nothing changes,gpu usage at 97% ,cpu goes up to 15% at max i think,but fun fact when i connect to community cs go deathmatch server it works better xD
and btw i just reinstalled windows,clean install,and nothing changes

Dec 30, 2021
I still suspect malware, try another 3d app, like heaven benchmark
I played rust now,it goes up to 80gpu usage but mostly its about 60%,so i guess it runs normal,i runed adwcleaner and malwarebytes its all clean,btw windows is installed 1 hour ago
So i think its still problem with csgo only...but i dont understand why,i play it for years...never happend something like this...

Dec 30, 2021
Well, it looks like you have found the issue :)
Well i found that the only problem is cs go but i want to fix that problem,cuz i had 300fps on all maps now it goes to 90 when there is shooting going on.Im cs players for more than 10 years,so basicly i only play cs but i cant play it with problem like this if u know ehat i mean,its so bad

Dec 24, 2021
My Problem is that its across all games. Ive posted in a different forum and also on reddit. No one seems to be able to help. Is there no software that can detect if theres something wrong with your gpu? Like running through a test, checking all stats etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.