[SOLVED] Suddenly low FPS in ThinkPad e580

korosh_2

Reputable
Jun 7, 2016
Hello guys
I have some games in my laptop from very small games to some heavy games
But in all of these games
When I am plugged in charger
Sometimes I feel that charger disconnected and my games get a massive FPS drop (all games small to heavy)
It's look like that my intel graphic turn on and my Radeon graphics turn off
Please help me to fix this problem because Radeon graphic is a good graphic to play watch dogs in low setting but I cant

Solution
Windows balanced power management will use the integrated adapter and will lower the cpu performance in order to save battery time.
If you are gaming, best to play plugged in and set up for discrete graphics and 100% cpu.
If on battery, you should be able to explicitly set up to use the discrete adapter and run at 100% cpu.
The price will be a short battery run time.
Aug 3, 2019
It sounds like your laptop does not have enough power via battery power to run everything in your laptop. When you plug it in you are able to get full power. If you wanted to change this it may be possible via power management, however this option may not exists due to limitations on the laptop battery.

korosh_2

Reputable
Jun 7, 2016
It sounds like your laptop does not have enough power via battery power to run everything in your laptop. When you plug it in you are able to get full power. If you wanted to change this it may be possible via power management, however this option may not exists due to limitations on the laptop battery.

It's so interesting
If I play without charger and set the power mode on performance it's extremely better
But if I plug in the charger everything goes wrong
What I most to to?

Windows balanced power management will use the integrated adapter and will lower the cpu performance in order to save battery time.
If you are gaming, best to play plugged in and set up for discrete graphics and 100% cpu.
If on battery, you should be able to explicitly set up to use the discrete adapter and run at 100% cpu.
The price will be a short battery run time.

Reactions: Smurf0dyssey
Solution