Question Suddenly no GPU video output anymore

Sep 25, 2020
Hi everyone,

I have the following problem:
The PC I built myself 1 1/2 years ago worked perfectly fine until today. While I was playing a game the PC sort of "restarted" (there suddenly was a black screen followed by the mainboard boot screen and then the normal windows login screen while there was no windows restart screen and the coolers and lights were all constantly running). I logged back in and could start and play the game again, but when I tried to power the PC back up after I had shut it down I noticed that there was no video signal anymore.
So far I made sure all the cables connecting the mainboard and GPU to the PSU are plugged in properly and found out that there is also no video output with a different GPU built into the PC too.
I noticed that the RGB lights of my GPU which normally glow constantly periodically turn off for a second or so before glowing again. I also noticed that these interruptions are synchronous with the flashing of the DRAM-LED on my mainboard.
I really don't know what else I could try, especially since everything has worked great previously, I haven't touched or changed any parts recently and there was no power outage or something similar whatsoever...

My PC specs are:
Windows 10
Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X with stock cooler
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070Ti (Gigabyte)
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3000
Seasonic Focus Plus Platinum 550W
Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD & Seagate Barracuda HDD

Thank you very much :)

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS