ovelionnn

Commendable
Dec 3, 2020
Hi!

So first off my specs:

Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
B450M Steel Legend
2x 16 GB 3200MHz (don't know exact specs right now)
I have windows on NVME SSD + one SATA HDD and one SSD for use.

So, yesterday i wanted to rearrange my room and took the powercable out of the PC for like 5 hours. Later i wanted to use my PC normally, so I just plugged in everything like always and turned my PC on.

Suddenly i see the ASrock logo and the circle with point showing that it loads (Like always) but this time it took like forever. (Usually max. 1min) So now after 5min i turned PC off and started searching google for some hints.

Next time i tried turning it on without any keyboards,mouse etc. plugged in. Same result.
Next i tried to reset CMOS, also still same issue.
Even when on loading was like the text with "repairing pc..." for turning in safe mode, it still was loading for sooo long.

Today i wanted to try more but was waiting on the loading screen for like 20mins now. Suddenly it worked. I can use my PC normally and it works like it used to work before.
Now i know i have to wait like 20mins to boot and finally load to my login window screen.

Any ideas?

If needed i can send my bios settings but these are almost default and i think even the same i've had when it was all fine.
(Fast boot off, Secure boot off too i think)

Thanks for reading and sorry for my english :)

Last edited:
Solution
Ok so it is normal again.

Only thing i did was deleting system files and restore points from my Windows Disk.

Im not sure if this helped or it just got fixed by itself somehow.

Ralston18

Titan
Your Engllish is fine.

When you took the power cable out was the computer shutdown? If not, it is very likely that the power loss caused some corrupted files and perhaps lost configuration settings.

Noted that you reset CMOS. Are you able to install a new frest CMOS battery? Just as a matter of elimination.

After the next sucessful boot try running the built in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Also try "sfc /scannow" and "dism".

FYI:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

How to use DISM command tool to repair Windows 10 image | Windows Central

Either tool or both may make some repairs that will restore normal boot time.

ovelionnn

Commendable
Dec 3, 2020
Ok so it is normal again.

Only thing i did was deleting system files and restore points from my Windows Disk.

Im not sure if this helped or it just got fixed by itself somehow.

Solution