Question Suddenly very low fps from 60 to20-30 in almost every game

Sep 23, 2020
hello everyone!
Im going to get straight to the point!
So I bought this pc i have about 3 months ago, so its not that old. I play alot of rdr2 and shadow of the tomb raider, on 4k. On rdr2 i always got around 35-45fps ultra on an RTX2080 SUPER, which was playable for me.
But about a day ago i realised that my fps dropped to around 27, and even 20fps or lower at nights which i never had... so i decided to change the resolution to 1080p and put down the settings to medium. And somehow the fps was almost the same about 30fps... even on 1080p medium.
So i paniced and ran shadow of the tomb raider on 4k without dlss how i usually play it. Thats when things really got out of control. I WAS GETTING 10 fps.... Usually i get 40-50fps on 4k ultra. Again same thing changed to 1080p got 40-50fps even on low. It feels like something is limiting my gpu. Btw v-sync was off. I checked other ppl's benchmarks and they all had 40-50fps with dlss off 4k in shadow of the tomb raider so i dont get whats going on...
Also my gpu usage is around 97% and cpu usage around 50-60%.
By now i tried so many things,like reseting the mobo bios, or reinstalling the drivers...
Didnt help. I was thinking about reinstalling windows but thats the last thing i wanna do, bc i have so many important files and im afraid if i would lose any of them.. by the way i didnt download anything to the pc the last 8 days .
If anyone could give me any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thank you.
My specs are:
I7 9700k 3.2Ghz overclocked to 4.7ghz
COLORFUL Rtx 2080 Super.
32gb Ram
1tb Nvme SSD
2TB HDD

hello everyone!
So I bought this pc i have about 3 months ago, so its not that old. I play alot of rdr2 and shadow of the tomb raider, on 4k. On rdr2 i always got around 35-45fps ultra on an RTX2080 SUPER, which was playable for me.
But about a day ago i realised that my fps dropped to around 27, and even 20fps or lower at nights which i never had... so i decided to change the resolution to 1080p and put down the settings to medium. And somehow the fps was almost the same about 30fps... even on 1080p medium.
So i paniced and ran shadow of the tomb raider on 4k without dlss how i usually play it. Thats when things really got out of control. I WAS GETTING 10 fps.... Usually i get 40-50fps on 4k ultra. Again same thing changed to 1080p got 40-50fps even on low. It feels like something is limiting my gpu. Btw v-sync was off. I checked other ppl's benchmarks and they all had 40-50fps with dlss off 4k in shadow of the tomb raider so i dont get whats going on...
By now i tried so many things,like reseting the mobo bios, or reinstalling the drivers...
Didnt help. I was thinking about reinstalling windows but thats the last thing i wanna do, bc i have so many important files and im afraid if i would lose any of them.. by the way i didnt download anything to the pc the last 8 days .
Thank you.
My specs are:
COLORFUL Rtx 2080 Super.
32gb Ram
1tb Nvme SSD
2TB HDD

The issue can range from temp issues, to driver issues, to a dying gpu or psu, and the list goes on..

We need to know what your temps are while gaming and these drops happen.

Sep 24, 2020
hello everyone!
Thank you.
My specs are:
COLORFUL Rtx 2080 Super.
32gb Ram
1tb Nvme SSD
2TB HDD

Interestingly I have run into the exact same thing as of today. No downloads besides "Among Us" directly from Steam yesterday but I am noticing stuttering and massive performance drops. Backed up my GPU drivers, uninstalled any possible bloatware including iCUE lighting software and some other performance guzzlers to no avail. I have noticed about 4 GB of my 16 GB of ram being used at idle which I'm unsure is usual or not but no particular app seems to be using up the majority of it. Would love any solutions for the both of us.