Suggest a good liquid cooler

Shivam15

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
I am looking to buy a liquid cooler for my PC. Right now I have a fx 6300 CPU which am looking to overclock. Therefore, am looking to buy a CPU cooler would be suffice for this task and should be future proof in case i upgrade my CPU and look to overclock that.

Right now i have corsair H45 on mind with a budget of Rs. 5000. Do let me know if there is a better cooler i could pick up for the same price. H45 is a 120mm Cooler, is there a 240 mm cooler in the price range?

Solution
Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240R, perhaps. Like I had mentioned, almost all AIO liquid coolers are identical, or very, very, VERY similar in build. The primary difference are fans used and any software for PWM and lighting control.

Cooler Master Master Liquid 240 is about $10 US more, not sure the difference in your market.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer

I would specify the ML240R and not the ML240L.

Shivam15

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014

the difference is about $50 in my market.
How much for you think is the performance difference between corsair h45 and masterliquid 240. Do you think h45 is future proof?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
This depends on how much of an overclock you are wishing to achieve, but the 240 has more surface area to help cooling.

At the end of the day, almost all of the AIO coolers on the market today are nearly identical and the only real differences are fans used and controller software. The fact is that there are really only a few manufacturers of AIO pumps and they all use the same exact radiator (it's pretty evident when you look at them up close and in person).

Shivam15

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014

240 has two fans and h45 has one. So do you think 240 is more future proof? Does having one more additional fan produce that much difference?

Shivam15

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014

Would the H60 in place of a H45 be suitable for overclocking a fx 6300?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
H45 and H60 are almost the same product, there isn't much difference between them. Looks like fan speed is the only real difference and the H45 having higher airflow. The problem is, I really wouldn't recommend either of them, or any 120mm liquid cooler, especially for overclocking as each of those coolers is going to perform likely worse than a good air cooler for similar cost.

Just having a liquid cooler doesn't mean it will be a good performing liquid cooler. This is the biggest misconception that drives these 'what liquid cooler should I buy' threads.

If your budget is under $100 US, my recommendation would be to either get a good air cooler, or get a 240 AIO, if possible.

Edit for further above, the Cooler Master coolers I have tested typically have a 2 year warranty...I think Corsair is 5 or 6 years.

Shivam15

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014

Thanks for the response, do you know of a bang for a buck 240 mm liquid cooler?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240R, perhaps. Like I had mentioned, almost all AIO liquid coolers are identical, or very, very, VERY similar in build. The primary difference are fans used and any software for PWM and lighting control.

Solution

Shivam15

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014

Thanks, this was very helpful!