suggest good dd-wrt router with gigabit LAN and USB 3.0

doesnt_work

Prominent
Nov 30, 2017
Hi,
please suggest good wireless router with these specifications:
1Gbit ethernet connectors (4 or more)
USB 3.0 for NAS / external HDD (expected RW speed 50MB/s)
USB 2.0 for LTE USB dongle
DD-WRT supported and stable firmware
price < 200 €

I was almost decided tu buy one of the Linksys WRT series, but from all complaints about them on the internet (reboots, losing connection, no support) I rather choose something else - maybe Mikrotik or Asus router ? Can someone, preferable from own experience, suggest what router fit my requirements ?

Good luck, dd-wrt actually seems to be more unstable lately than more. They used to have a so called recommended release but that is many years old so now you try to pick from the massive number of constant releases.

I would look at the merlin documentation and see if that would be good enough for you. It only runs on asus but tends to be more stable because they do not constantly attempt to add minor features.

In general the best method of selecting a dd-wrt router is to look through the table of supported routers. They show the memory/cpu and support of various types of usb ports. Mostly other than cpu speed the other main factor is picking the type of wifi radios you want. How good the various images will run seem to depend on who happened to link the code that day.

doesnt_work

Prominent
Nov 30, 2017
thinking I will go for Netgear R7800, which fits all my specifications, dd-wrt is maintained only by couple of developers, this I have to check if everything is working.