[SOLVED] Suggest me a 32 inch 4k Monitor for Gaming/Productivity with >=120hz Refresh rate

masti.faltoo

Commendable
Jan 30, 2019
I already have Benq 24" XL2420T monitor (FHD with 120hz) and for the last 1 year I am looking to upgrade to 32" /4K monitor

Suggest me a 32 inch 4k Monitor for Gaming/Productivity with >=120hz Refresh rate under <550 usd price

I'll be using it for 30% Gaming and 70% productivity purpose

I have shortlisted to buy one of the following models but each one lack one or more feature I want ...

1. BenQ 31.5 inch(80.01 cm) Gaming Monitor - Eye Care Technology, 4K, HDR - EW3270U (Black) --------- Have all the features I want but it has only 60hz refresh rate

2. LG Ultragear 32-inch QHD (2K) Gaming Monitor with 144Hz,1ms, Radeon Freesync, Display Port, HDMI x 2-32GK650 -------------- But this is only 2K

3. Acer Predator XB-271HU NVIDIA G-SYNC Gaming Monitor 2560 x 1440 Resolution 144Hz - HDMI - Display Port - USB 3.0 ----------- Perfect for Gaming but not 32inch and 4K

Can't find any with all features I want i.e. 32/4K with 120 or more refresh ....

I am waiting for last one year to find my dream monitor but can find yet .... Should I wait for some more time Or go just for Benq 31.5 EQ3270U with 60hz refresh rate...,. will it be noticiable i while playing normal FIFA 2020 and GTA V/Assassin Creed games ... (Im not a very hardcore FPS RPG gamer) .... I am a web programmer and teach software languages like Java/Python/R/VB etc ....

Solution
I can't offer you any advice about HDR, because I don't use it.

I think the first thing you should do is go into the Nvidia control panel and make sure you have the display resolution set there, not in Windows display properties, and that it is set to 3840x2160 under the "PC" resolution settings, NOT the "Ultra HD, HD, SD" resolution settings. Both are generally listed on the resolution settings scrollbox in Nvidia control panel and the Ultra HD, HD, SD settings, even when the resolution is correct, just usually looks like crap. Check that first.

Then, make sure it is also set to the correct refresh rate in Nvidia control panel.

After that, you should calibrate the monitor, before messing with ANY HDR settings, and this is how to do...
They do exist. Just not in his region.

They are not, however, anywhere near the price he wants to pay and there will not BE anything like what he wants, anywhere near the price he wants to pay for a good many years still, most likely.

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/m...r=384002160&D=120000,280000&sort=price&page=1

Those are all 32", 4k and 120hz or higher, so they do exist, they are just expensive.

The problem is that until just very recently there weren't any cards or cabling that could support those kinds of refresh rates on 4k or higher displays, so there was no reason to HAVE those kinds of displays. Now that there are cards and cabling that can support it, we'll start seeing more of them but it will take a couple of years for the prices to to come down out of the stratosphere.

Reactions: masti.faltoo
Already in my signature .... its Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080
A lot of people cannot see signatures on this site depending on the device they are using, it’s best to put all details in the post. As the owner of a 2080 Super I’d say it’s ok for 4K 60fps with some compromises on game settings. If wanting to push high fps at 4K then best to see what next gen gpu’s bring performance wise.

Aug 27, 2020
In my opinion you should go with the BenQ 31.5 inch(80.01 cm) Gaming Monitor - Eye Care Technology, 4K, HDR - EW3270U (Black) . It's under your budget and your already using the same brand currently. The reviews are quit impressive.

All Benq is not much popular brand but still it's reliable Computer Brand.

Awaiting another 1 year doesn't make sense if your not happy with your current gaming experience and 1 year period is a very long one.

masti.faltoo

Commendable
Jan 30, 2019
In my opinion you should go with the BenQ 31.5 inch(80.01 cm) Gaming Monitor - Eye Care Technology, 4K, HDR - EW3270U (Black) . It's under your budget and your already using the same brand currently. The reviews are quit impressive.

All Benq is not much popular brand but still it's reliable Computer Brand.

Awaiting another 1 year doesn't make sense if your not happy with your current gaming experience and 1 year period is a very long one.

Thanks I also think so as Im not a hard core gamer ... only FIFA/GTA V/Assassin Creed ... i use it for productivity purpose... and 4K/60fps is enough for Productivity/Movies/entertainment ...

Already in my signature .... its Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080

Don't assume everybody can see your signature. NOT seeing signatures is a common setting in the account options. There are a LOT of people who will not ever see your signature so if there are important details regarding a question or post, be sure to include them IN the post. It's not just a matter of the device they are using, some people just don't want to see everybody's flashing lights or pictures of your system, at the bottom of every post.

Also, you still didn't express what your expectations are for in game settings. I can tell you for certain that if you are expecting to see ultra, or mostly ultra settings on 4k with an RTX 2080, that is probably not going to happen and it's certainly not going to happen at 144fps, or anywhere near it, unless you are ok with dropping settings considerably.

You might be a LOT better off going with a 1440p display that is going to be much less demanding on your GPU than a 4k display will be. Some (Most) of the LG 1440p VA panels are incredibly good options. Some even have 1ms response times and WAY better black uniformity than most IPS or TN panels and no backlight bleed and like most IPS panels. Much better color accuracy than TN as well.

Personally, I think a VA panel is the best option across the board these days. If you want a high end gaming experience at 4k, then unless you are willing to drop much of the eye candy, you really need a 2080 ti or one of the upcoming Ampere cards.

Last edited:

masti.faltoo

Commendable
Jan 30, 2019
Don't assume everybody can see your signature. NOT seeing signatures is a common setting in the account options. There are a LOT of people who will not ever see your signature so if there are important details regarding a question or post, be sure to include them IN the post. It's not just a matter of the device they are using, some people just don't want to see everybody's flashing lights or pictures of your system, at the bottom of every post.

Also, you still didn't express what your expectations are for in game settings. I can tell you for certain that if you are expecting to see ultra, or mostly ultra settings on 4k with an RTX 2080, that is probably not going to happen and it's certainly not going to happen at 144fps, or anywhere near it, unless you are ok with dropping settings considerably.

You might be a LOT better off going with a 1440p display that is going to be much less demanding on your GPU than a 4k display will be. Some (Most) of the LG 1440p VA panels are incredibly good options. Some even have 1ms response times and WAY better black uniformity than most IPS or TN panels and no backlight bleed and like most IPS panels. Much better color accuracy than TN as well.

Personally, I think a VA panel is the best option across the board these days. If you want a high end gaming experience at 4k, then unless you are willing to drop much of the eye candy, you really need a 2080 ti or one of the upcoming Ampere cards.
Again ....
Plz read my post I have already posted my expectations .... Ok i write it again frm it...
"I'll be using it for 30% Gaming and 70% productivity purpose" ...
" (Im not a very hardcore FPS RPG gamer) .... I am a web programmer and teach software languages like Java/Python/R/VB etc .... " .... but a decent gamer
in short looking for a 32 inch 4K monitor with FPS >=60 ... it does exist in 43 inch but they are way too costly and 43 inch is too big for me...

Also, I didnt expect a moderator to turn off the signature display option when in tech forums usually all users like to display their PC config in their Signature so that they don have to share it again and again.....

Anyway thanks for your valuable comments ... Thanks

I didn't say I couldn't see it. I simply said don't assume everybody can see it. Clearly I am not the only person on this forum answering questions and I do know that some members really just don't want to see some of the lame signatures that we see. I don't blame them honestly. They are annoying and I'd remove some of them if it was permissible. Yours, clearly is not one of those type. Sometimes though I simply am not seeing the sig as most of us tend not to anymore. We just tune it out and look at the post content. So, anyhow, your repeat post still doesn't indicate what kind of quality settings you expect to be able to get those 60FPS with.

Some people are very adamant about being able to run "ultra everything" while others, especially competitive players, would prefer to just run medium or low settings with high FPS, and still others are really looking for something that is a little of both.

masti.faltoo

Commendable
Jan 30, 2019
I didn't say I couldn't see it. I simply said don't assume everybody can see it. Clearly I am not the only person on this forum answering questions and I do know that some members really just don't want to see some of the lame signatures that we see. I don't blame them honestly. They are annoying and I'd remove some of them if it was permissible. Yours, clearly is not one of those type. Sometimes though I simply am not seeing the sig as most of us tend not to anymore. We just tune it out and look at the post content. So, anyhow, your repeat post still doesn't indicate what kind of quality settings you expect to be able to get those 60FPS with.

Some people are very adamant about being able to run "ultra everything" while others, especially competitive players, would prefer to just run medium or low settings with high FPS, and still others are really looking for something that is a little of both.

Thanks for clarifying everything.... leave aside everything, but, I want to ask if I am not a high end gamer, Just 20-30% gamer,... I am a am a python/java programmer/instructor with target of entertainment/movies and making youtube videos/live streaming ....
So with those targets should I spend it on a Acer Predator 28/144fps OR should I go for 32inch/4K monitor with 60fps?

Well, in that case, I think if it was me I'd go with the 32" 4k display so long as you realize you won't be able to hit the kinds of FPS you would with a 1440p display because it's a lot more pixels for the graphics card to push.

I personally don't see myself ever using anything less than a 32" display again after moving to that size last year.

masti.faltoo

Commendable
Jan 30, 2019
Well, in that case, I think if it was me I'd go with the 32" 4k display so long as you realize you won't be able to hit the kinds of FPS you would with a 1440p display because it's a lot more pixels for the graphics card to push.

I personally don't see myself ever using anything less than a 32" display again after moving to that size last year.

So I went ahead with the Benq EW3270U,
First thing I did after installing the monitor (after changing the resolution) is to Enable HDR in Windows 10. and all the colors were faded, all the window items esp Explorer windows looked foggy.... i turned it off and then enabled HDR via my Monitor button .... although its showing HDR emulated but its far better (in fact the best) than the windows 10 HDR option .... I noticed that I was using DP 1.2 cable , so I changed the cable to C-Type (provided with monitor) as DP cable provided with it is mDP to DP ... but nothing changed even after that.... I think there is some problem in Windows 10 HDR setting as HDR settings in games like Assasin Creed Odyssey are working fine althought the brightness is just too much for me ...
After enabling HDR via monitor
in Advanced Display setting its showing
Resolution: 3840 x 2160
Refresh rate : 59.997
Bit Depth : 8-bit
Color format : RGB
Color Space: SDR (Because Ive disabled HDR on windows)

Any suggestion what could be wrong in Windows 10 HDR setting... In the meanwhile I also ordered a DP 1.4 cable to check if its bec of cable
(btw my pc config i9 9900k/32gb/geforce rtx 2080)..

Edit:
Just received dp 1.4 cable ... after i enable HDR in windows display setting Bit Depth changed to 10-bit but all windows looking grayish/foggy/too bright .. I thnk I have to change it back to Off .. dont if there is some problem with my windows 10 setting or monitor or its windows 10 is not yet optimized for HDR or its just that my eyes are not used to these brightness/colors as im coming from old 24 Benq XL2420T 120hz ... but anyway I will keep that setting OFF (and use HDR emulated via Monitor HDR button) until i find a solution to that. At least HDR is working good in other games

Last edited:
I can't offer you any advice about HDR, because I don't use it.

I think the first thing you should do is go into the Nvidia control panel and make sure you have the display resolution set there, not in Windows display properties, and that it is set to 3840x2160 under the "PC" resolution settings, NOT the "Ultra HD, HD, SD" resolution settings. Both are generally listed on the resolution settings scrollbox in Nvidia control panel and the Ultra HD, HD, SD settings, even when the resolution is correct, just usually looks like crap. Check that first.

Then, make sure it is also set to the correct refresh rate in Nvidia control panel.

After that, you should calibrate the monitor, before messing with ANY HDR settings, and this is how to do that, IF you are unfamiliar.

The best way to do this is with a colorimeter, but few people have one, and not everybody can afford one, but if you want as accurate of color as possible, it is a good investment. Still, there are ways to at least eliminate the glaring issues with your calibration without one.

Solution