[SOLVED] Suggest me a good but non expensive DDR RAM for a new Ryzen 5 3600x build.

Jul 14, 2019
I'm going to build a new pc with Ryzen 5 3600x and B450 motherboard. Please suggest me a decent Memory stick for this system at affordable price. My primary concern is the performance rather than aesthetics . I will use this pc mainly for light weight gaming and minor video editing . So please suggest accordingly . Thanks in advance.

Solution
Sorry to bother you again.. i've two more queries regarding this..
in between Corsiar vengeance pro 16GB(16x1) 3000Mhz and Corsiar vegeance LPX 16 GB(16x1) 3000 Mhz stick ..if we put aside the RGB feature which one will be better in term of performance ? Sorry for this stupid questions but i have very little knowledge regarding this.
and my second question is if i go for Corsiar vengeance pro 16GB (CMW16GX4M1D3000C16 ) kit for now and after a few moths purchase another 16 GB same stick ..will it work in dual channel ? Thanks in advance
Firstly, you'll want 2x8GB over 1x16GB to utilise dual channel.

As for adding later, I have answered this on many threads so I will quote my previous post:
Mixing RAM modules is a 50/50...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Reactions: ThunderFlash
Jul 14, 2019
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Team - Vulcan 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($67.89 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($52.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-18 07:24 EDT-0400
thanks for your suggestions..i've never used Adata sticks. is this a good brand for memory sticks ?

Last edited:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
thanks for your suggestions..i've never used Adata sticks. is this a good brand for memory sticks ?
Perfectly good - lifetime warranty on all RAM modules.
If you give us the exact make and model of your motherboard, you can review the QVL / Approved RAM list for the motherboard - which isn't every compatible module, but it is the list of tested modules for the board.

The ones I linked should be fine though regardless.

Jul 14, 2019
If you give us the exact make and model of your motherboard, you can review the QVL / Approved RAM list for the motherboard - which isn't every compatible module, but it is the list of tested modules for the board.

Thanks ...
Motherboard model - MSI B450 Tomahawk
My local shop owner guy was suggesting me ADATA XPG GAMMIX D30 16GB or ADATA XPG GAMMIX D30 16GB .Since i've never used ADATA sticks before , i'm a little skeptical about this. are these good memory sticks in comparison with corsair vengeance pro ?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Thanks ...
Motherboard model - MSI B450 Tomahawk
My local shop owner guy was suggesting me ADATA XPG GAMMIX D30 16GB or ADATA XPG GAMMIX D30 16GB .Since i've never used ADATA sticks before , i'm a little skeptical about this. are these good memory sticks in comparison with corsair vengeance pro ?
Vengeance are the "Go to" - but there is nothing wrong with ADATA, they are also a big contender and usually a bit more budget friendly.

They have lifetime warranties too, I have used ADATA in a few rigs with no problems.

Jul 14, 2019

in between Corsiar vengeance pro 16GB(16x1) 3000Mhz and Corsiar vegeance LPX 16 GB(16x1) 3000 Mhz stick ..if we put aside the RGB feature which one will be better in term of performance ? Sorry for this stupid questions but i have very little knowledge regarding this.
and my second question is if i go for Corsiar vengeance pro 16GB (CMW16GX4M1D3000C16 ) kit for now and after a few moths purchase another 16 GB same stick ..will it work in dual channel ? Thanks in advance

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Firstly, you'll want 2x8GB over 1x16GB to utilise dual channel.

As for adding later, I have answered this on many threads so I will quote my previous post:
Mixing RAM modules is a 50/50 gamble. RAM modules are only guaranteed compatibility in the form sold (from the exact same pack). Even modules of the exact same model are not guaranteed.

The manufacturing process for each RAM module changes frequently, so I could actually buy a particular model RAM module one day, then buy the exact same model the next month, and they will not work nicely with one another, as despite being the same model, they have been made differently. This is why RAM is only guaranteed in the form sold (from the same pack). Not saying it never works, but it's a gamble.

Best practice and what I personally always recommend, is avoiding the potential headache by buying a whole new pack. As the last thing you want to do is spend money to find out they don't play nicely together.
In short, it's a 50/50 bet, even if you got the exact same model, they won't guaranteed be compatible. So best practice is buy the full set.

Solution