suggest me or provide verdict on my pc configuration

shamsul_arefin

Commendable
Oct 26, 2016
I am building a PC , not a gaming targeted PC. I may do some resource intensive tasks such as IDE, large programs etc.
I have chosen
intel 7700 3.6GHz
Gigabyte H270 Gaming 3
Gskill Ripjaws V 2400MHz 8GB
Antec Neo Eco 450w power supply
Deepcool dukase v3 case
256GB SSD .
I think everything is ok, I googled and drilled down a lot. Yet some verdicts is welcome

Solution
You don't have any M.2 drives now, so unless you plan for one in the future, you might never use it.

Or you could go for an M.2 SSD to host the OS. That would use one less Sata power and data cable. Then you'll still have some SATA expansion options for later.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Hmm, if you want processing power the Ryzen 1700 might actually be a good choice for you. You would need a cheap GPU for it though.

If you want to stick with the Intel i7, you could probably save some money on a B250 motherboard.

I also suggest 16GB of memory as today's logical minimum. 8GB is okay, but as programs get more complex, and the background services of the PC continue to expand with the lowest common denominator, 16GB just makes more sense for longevity.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
With your setup, nothing. Future expansion options, maybe a little. There won't be as many USB ports or SATA ports. And less PCIe lanes available from the chipset.

Ryzen 1700 might be worth waiting on. It would about double the amount of compute power available to the system for roughly the same price.

shamsul_arefin

Commendable
Oct 26, 2016

I figured out,
If I choose Gigabyte B8 over H270 Gaming 3, I will loose,
1NVMe M2 SSD slot
xFiMi Sound software.
In my country price difference is 25$.
Is it worth 1 m2 slot ?
I'm a noob, I can't understand

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You don't have any M.2 drives now, so unless you plan for one in the future, you might never use it.

Or you could go for an M.2 SSD to host the OS. That would use one less Sata power and data cable. Then you'll still have some SATA expansion options for later.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS