Suggest me Ryzen 5 2400G build

Jun 2, 2018
Hello, everyone. I'm on a tight budget and I can't afford to buy a GPU for now. But I want a PC that can play some games like GTA V at low settings and can able to edit some beginners level YouTube videos. Then when I get some money I'll surely buy a GPU and change the CPU. I live in Bangladesh, Prices are very high here at local stores. Also, there is not too much hardware available and we can't order from Amazon or Newegg, only local websites of Bangladesh.

Can anyone suggest me a build based on 2400G?

Here what's I'm trying to buy,

AMD Ryzen 5 2400G = $196 (16,300Tk)
Asus Rog Strix B350-F Gaming = $136 (11,600Tk)
(Because I'll upgrade CPU GPU later, So I picked this Mobo)
Corsair 4GB 3200mhz RAM = $59(5,000Tk)
(I'm on tight budget, can't afford 8gb now. I'll need to upgrade it later for $120)
I have a 500GB HDD, I'll buy a SSD later.
Corsair Spec Case Red/Black/Yellow = $54 (4,600Tk)
I haven't selected any PSU yet, can you guys recommend me one for my build that will stay fine after I upgrade CPU and GPU?
Please recommend me one from this site https://ryanscomputers.com/components/power-supply.html

Also, can you tell me is the build I chose is good for pro level gaming after I add a GPU and change the CPU?

Solution
Yes thats a pretty good build but for Gaming and Video Editing, you need a minimum of 8GB of RAM, and 16GB is recommended. Be sure to upgrade that as soon as possible. And go with the faster RAM (3200MHz) as Ryzen benefits from fast RAM.

As for the PSU, this is the cheapest one that i would recommend :
https://ryanscomputers.com/cooler-master-masterwatt-semi-modular-80plus-bronze-550w-power-supply-mpx-6501-amaab-uk.html

Cheaper ones are not good quality (You could get by with a Corsair CX600 but that too is mediocre at best) This website does not have many good quality PSUs. Never cheap out on your PSU, it is the heart of your system. Go for that MasterWatt PSU.

jawlesspython04

Distinguished
May 25, 2014
Yes thats a pretty good build but for Gaming and Video Editing, you need a minimum of 8GB of RAM, and 16GB is recommended. Be sure to upgrade that as soon as possible. And go with the faster RAM (3200MHz) as Ryzen benefits from fast RAM.

As for the PSU, this is the cheapest one that i would recommend :
https://ryanscomputers.com/cooler-master-masterwatt-semi-modular-80plus-bronze-550w-power-supply-mpx-6501-amaab-uk.html

Cheaper ones are not good quality (You could get by with a Corsair CX600 but that too is mediocre at best) This website does not have many good quality PSUs. Never cheap out on your PSU, it is the heart of your system. Go for that MasterWatt PSU.

Solution
Oct 2, 2018
A thermaltake TR2 Gold 500w would do just fine if you haven't bought the other powersupply already. I have it powering my machine. Works like a charm from day one. Absolutely zero issue. It powers my GTX 1060 just fine.

jawlesspython04

Distinguished
May 25, 2014

The TR2s are low quality units. If it is working fine for you, doesn't mean it wont fail.

Better to be safe than sorry. TR2s are known to have high failure rates and low quality components.

Oct 2, 2018

I had no clue! I guess I'm lucky then! Is overclocking the processor going to stress my TR2?

jawlesspython04

Distinguished
May 25, 2014
Yes it will.