Suggest me some SMPS under Rs. 4000

jitkr

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
I need 8 pin 12v supply for core supply in SMPS, and having 1x500GB SATA3 HDD ,1x500GB SATA2 HDD , 1x64GB SATA3 SSD, 1X DVD+-R, Intel i3 3220, and planning to get one ASUS R7250-1GD5 . 3Case Fans.

Board : Asrock B75 Pro 3 -M
Ram - 4GB

Solution
For a system using a single Radeon R7 250 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 400 Watt or greater system power supply. The power supply should also have a maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 20 Amps or greater.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Sufficient Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most critical factor.

The Seasonic S12II-430 Bronze (SS-430GB) power supply unit, with its maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 30 Amps and with one 6-pin and one (6+2)-pin PCI...
For a system using a single Radeon R7 250 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 400 Watt or greater system power supply. The power supply should also have a maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 20 Amps or greater.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Sufficient Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most critical factor.

The Seasonic S12II-430 Bronze (SS-430GB) power supply unit, with its maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 30 Amps and with one 6-pin and one (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is more than sufficient to power your system configuration with a single Radeon R7 250 graphics card.

http://theitwares.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=1_66&product_id=129

Solution

It's not any better in terms of quality because they are both from the Seasonic S12II Series and are built with the same component quality.

The only difference is that the 520W model is able to provide 100W more than the 420W model and your system doesn't require an extra 100W.

jitkr

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
sir final question is this a good deal to go for seasonic instead of cooler master / corsair , I am a noob and heard about corsair/ cooler master only .
Thank you

At your budget level there isn't anything better than that Seasonic S12II-430. Look at the product's warranty length.

At your budget level most of the power supplies only have a three year or shorter warranty because of the lower quality of the components used in their manufacturing. The Cooler Master and Corsair models in your budget range are lower quality entry level models.

jitkr

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
Hello @ko888 now i can invest upto Rs. 5500 for PSU also THEITWARES are not working I think, I ordered and they are not verifying it, so please suggest me some more quality psu within Rs, 5500, Thank You.

jitkr

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014

which antec model and xfx not found in market.

Can you tell me from which city you are, if that doesn't bother you !

TIER 1:-

Antec Signature Antec High Current Pro -1200w Antec HCP Platinum 1kW ,

TIER 2 :-

Antec Neo HE
Antec High Current Gamer Series
Antec EarthWatts greater than 700 watt
Antec TruePower Trio
Antec TruePower Quattro
Antec TruePower New -- 750w

TIER 2B :-

Antec VP (350, 450)

TIER 3 :-

Antec Earthwatts >greater than 700 watt
Antec Basiq
Antec Phantom
Antec TruePower III
Antec TruePower II
Antec TrueControl II
Antec NeoPower 480 watt (Old Model)

Get anyone from above as per your budget and need.

jitkr

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
Thanks to all members helped me in selecting best out of the options, I purchased Seasonic S12II 520w from Nehru place(Delhi), a bit hard to find it out there, :D only one shop there , arranged for me after 1hr., outstanding PSU, one problem I am facing is that Luminous viva 700VA UPS not compatible with this PSU, Please guys give me some links of compatible UPS under Rs. 2500 MAX Rs.3000.,
Thank You,

If you read X-bit labs' review of the Seasonic S12II-520 they also found that it was incompatible with their APC SmartUPS SC 620:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cases/display/seasonic-psu-roundup_2.html

The APC SmartUPS SC 620 outputs a stepped approximation to a sinewave when operating on battery backup power. Your Luminous VIVA most likely also outputs a simulated sinewave when operating on battery backup power.

You may have to get a Pure Sinewave UPS.

There is no guarantee that it will work. Just because it worked for one user does not guarantee that it will work for another. PSU manufacturers always say to test your system with the specific UPS to determine compatibility. Check with your UPS vendor to determine if you can return the UPS if it turns out that it is incompatible.

jitkr

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
@ko888 I checked the Computer with Microtek Heritage Gold 625VA and its working :)

I am doubted that using these cheap UPS will cause silent damage of the Computer ? , is it.
Is it worth purchasing these cheap UPS or purchasing good UPS would be good. also I hardly use computer for more than 3mins on battery, just properly shutting down system .
In my location Power failure may occur once in 24hrs for 5-10 mins only.

So suggest me purchasing Cheap UPS is good/bad for the Computer.

The Microtek Heritage Gold 625VA is a line interactive UPS with AVR (Automatic Voltage Regulation) and should work for the purpose that you're using it for, since you've already verified compatibility with your system.

If your power failure is only for 5-10 minutes you may want to consider a higher capacity UPS with longer runtime so that you can ride out the power failure without having to shut down the system.