[SOLVED] Suggest motherboard for Ryzen 7 2700X

Nov 4, 2020
I recently got a Ryzen 7 2700X processor and need suggestions for a motherboard under $130 with respect to CPU socket and chipset, providing that I already have memory (specs given below) bought should be compatible with motherboard.
  • Consider to tell the degree of bottleneck due to motherboard (in terms of over locking)
  • Pleasee list supported chipset s for current processor (B450 will be ok or not).
Thanks

Specs:
Memory : HyperX fury 8GB*2 sticks DDR4 3200MHz
PSU : Corsair CV550 550 watt

Last edited:
Solution
D
I wouldn't get a Gigabyte board myself, stick with MSI. B450 Tomahawk Max. Would have recommended ASUS as they make some great if not the best boards but if you want between these two, MSI is the better option.
What are you looking in a motherboard?
Do you want MicroATX,miniITX,ATX form factor?
Do you want to push 2700X to its limits by overclocking,or do you even want to overclock?
I dont see your ram anywhere.
How many M.2 slots do you need?
How many PCIe slots do you need?
How many DIMM slots do you need?
Do you have any brand that you prefer over the other? (ASUS,GIGABYTE,MSI,etc..)

Nov 4, 2020
What are you looking in a motherboard?
Do you want MicroATX,miniITX,ATX form factor?
Do you want to push 2700X to its limits by overclocking,or do you even want to overclock?
I dont see your ram anywhere.
How many M.2 slots do you need?
How many PCIe slots do you need?
How many DIMM slots do you need?
Do you have any brand that you prefer over the other? (ASUS,GIGABYTE,MSI,etc..)
-Micro ATX or ATX
-Moderate overclock maybe
-M.2 slots shouldn't be considered
-4 DIMM slots
-Gigabyte or MSI

With a 2000 series processor you should definitely avoid 500 series motherboards, which is sad because that limits future proofing up to 5000 series CPU's. But luckily that B450 Tomahawk MAX is also suitable even for Ryzen 5000 when updated to one of the BETA BIOS' and that makes it a good choice.

Just don't update to the BETA BIOS until ready to upgrade to a Ryzen 5000.

D

Deleted member 2720853

I wouldn't get a Gigabyte board myself, stick with MSI. B450 Tomahawk Max. Would have recommended ASUS as they make some great if not the best boards but if you want between these two, MSI is the better option.

Solution