NotSteve

Honorable
Oct 9, 2016
Hi everyone,

Recently got this card and I've been playing battlefield 1 again due to lockdown boredom and I've been reaching gpu temps of up to 79/80c at max settings and even reached 81c playing Resident Evil 3 Remake today. Was wondering if anyone can suggest a custom fan curve that they use or that they think would benefit me.

I've looked into it and I'm told that these are safe temps to reach, i guess it's just coz the games are so demanding and would prefer not to be getting so hot. I barely got 45c playing halo mcc today lol.

Also I suppose I can still use MSI Afterburner on an Asus card? My GPU tweak 2 barely works half the time.

Thank you for any replies and suggestions :)

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Your gpus temps will be determined by:
-ambient temps
-case and case fan setup
-psu shroud, if present
-location of AIO, if present
-gpu fan curve and what you're comfortable with

Here's mine below. I think some people would find mine a bit aggressive, but it doesn't bother me, because the sound from my speakers will drown it out anyways.
View: https://imgur.com/T4inA5d

Solution

NotSteve

Honorable
Oct 9, 2016
Your gpus temps will be determined by:
-ambient temps
-case and case fan setup
-psu shroud, if present
-location of AIO, if present
-gpu fan curve and what you're comfortable with

Here's mine below. I think some people would find mine a bit aggressive, but it doesn't bother me, because the sound from my speakers will drown it out anyways.
View: https://imgur.com/T4inA5d
Thank you, I'm gonna have a play about with some fan curves in the morning and I'll use battlefield 1 as my benchmark game. What's your opinion on the temps I'm reaching?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
A little high, but not dangerously so. 83C is the default thermal throttle limit for many of these cards.
While you do have the option to raise the thermal limit in software, running over the default for extended periods of time isn't good for the gpu anyway.

Reactions: NotSteve

NotSteve

Honorable
Oct 9, 2016
A little high, but not dangerously so. 83C is the default thermal throttle limit for many of these cards.
While you do have the option to raise the thermal limit in software, running over the default for extended periods of time isn't good for the gpu anyway.
I'd also like to mention that until I get a new desk to allow me to put my pc on top it's probably got quite a restricted airflow where it currently is. I don't know how long til I can get said desk because of the partial lockdown in the UK. But thank you for your input, its eased my mind about my crazy high temps :)

TRENDING THREADS