Question Suggested upgrade from AS Rock Z270 Killer SLI/ac 1151 ?

taffytime

Reputable
Sep 30, 2016
Need some wisdom and advice please. I change my main PC every couple of years and currently have
AS Rock Z270 Liller SLI/ac 1151
CPU is an i5-6600 @ 3.5 Mhz.
GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
16GB Memory

Usage is some gaming and general apps ....SATA and USB ports important ...VR not really a requirement ...

What does the brains trust recommend as a decent bang for the $ upgrade ?

THANK YOU

Need some wisdom and advice please. I change my main PC every couple of years and currently have
GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
16GB Memory

Usage is some gaming and general apps ....SATA and USB ports important ...VR not really a requirement ...

THANK YOU
I would wait a couple months and do Ryzen 4600.

taffytime

Reputable
Sep 30, 2016
GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
16GB Memory

THANK YOU

Just to add , looking to probably stay with Intel ( and maybe CPU ) so this is more of a small upgrade and not looking for top of the range - ie one step below that ...

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Just to add , looking to probably stay with Intel ( and maybe CPU ) so this is more of a small upgrade and not looking for top of the range - ie one step below that ...
What is your PC not doing that you need it to do? I don't upgrade just to upgrade it has to be not performing doing something that I need to do.

"Need some wisdom and advice please. I change my main PC every couple of years "
Why spend money when their no need I only upgrade when needed, their always something better right around the corner.

Last edited: