Question suggestion for asus xonar stx 1 2.0 speaker setup.

Iamcid

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2013
Hello guys i really noobie when it comes to audio and i`d love some suggestion on what to install on my asus xonar stx 1 as 2.0 speaker setup. I mainly want to use them on my pc as LOUD and Clear for gaming and music. Excuse my england and thank you in advance

Iamcid

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2013
I can spend up to 600 usd and i want to place them in my big room . While i might sound dumb, its better to ask than to feel sorry. If i purchase some big 2.0 speakers i wont burn my soundcard right ?

I can spend up to 600 usd and i want to place them in my big room . While i might sound dumb, its better to ask than to feel sorry. If i purchase some big 2.0 speakers i wont burn my soundcard right ?

You can connect whatever you want to the sound card, the power for them won't be from the card but from the amp, either the powered speakers or an amp setup for the speakers.

So this will be for whole room listening like with a stereo system but from the computer, not for use when sitting at the computer? The setup will be a bit different. For whole room listening like on a couch, you would want the speakers further from you and more apart. For computer listening when you are a few feet from the speakers, they would be closer together and lower power.

If you will do both you may want to have dual setups of speakers, maybe a $100 nice setup for PC use, and a second larger setup for room use that is run off a real amp/preamp.

If you are OK with having the speakers a bit further out when on computer, you can get a nice set or powered speakers like these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0010LH2V...lja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

Quite a few models of those types of speakers have bluetooth built in so you can connect your phone or something direct to them and play music off that.

Last edited:

Iamcid

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2013
ok i have noted everything you said, mainly i want to use these speakers for both pc and room, i am too lazy to install x2 different setups thats why i wanted some powerfull thingie setup. So there is no risk in burning my soundcard from the pc if i install very loud setups that requieres power. Thank you for all the suggestions Deeply appreciated

LE: is there a way to have x2 2.0 setups connected at the same time ?

Last edited:
ok i have noted everything you said, mainly i want to use these speakers for both pc and room, i am too lazy to install x2 different setups thats why i wanted some powerfull thingie setup. So there is no risk in burning my soundcard from the pc if i install very loud setups that requieres power. Thank you for all the suggestions Deeply appreciated

LE: is there a way to have x2 2.0 setups connected at the same time ?

Yes you can have several sets of speakers at the same time with a switcher or the correct AMP/DAC setup that can run multiple outputs. Sound card has nothing to do with powering speakers, you can bring your computer to a movie theater and hook up their 1,000+ watt power amp to play music if you want with no issues. All the sound card does is sent the audio signal to the speakers.

The speakers I linked would do a good job for room sound, and have the option of bluetooth connection also for easy streaming from your phone with things like Amazon music or whatever you may use. Or hook them up to an Echo. It won't be ideal for imaging but the speakers will still sound good.

Iamcid

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2013
oki thank you SO much, you cleared everything i needed for me, i will prolly buy the exact speakers that you suggested just to be sure i wont make any mistakes and i have some edifier 2.0 around 100 usd that i will prolly use them too . THANK you !

TRENDING THREADS