Suggestion for optimal settings in BIOS

basbab

Reputable
Sep 17, 2018
My specs are

1. AMD Ryzen 3 2200G

2. Asus EX A320 gaming motherboard

3. G.skill Ripjaws V 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4 3000MHz Desktop RAM (F4-3000C15S-8GVRB)

4. Zotac Geforce GTX 1050Ti

6. Seagate barrcuda 1TB HDD

7. Corsair 550W psu
Please suggest me the optimal Volt,Fans speed , speed for my CPU,GPU and RAM for playing all the modern games in medium settings or low settings.

Solution
Again, that first one will vary from chip to chip. If it is reaching maximum boost frequency under a full load for extended periods, then yes, there is no problem with the gaming experience.

Can't predict the future, but with a somewhat entry level GPU there will likely be some games that will be a struggle to play in the near future.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Whatever the defaults are? If you aren't overclocking not much need to change them. If you want that memory operating at 2933 you will need to set it, if possible. The A320 chipset wasn't intended for overclocking.

You should have gone with a B350/B450 motherboard and a dual channel memory kit. And not gone with an APU since you installed a GPU. Something like a Ryzen 5 1400 would have been better.

The GPU can be overclocked with software like MSI Afterburner, basically just increase clock speeds on the GPU core and memory and increase power as much as it will let you. When it crashes or overheats, back off and use the last known stable settings. Do it in small steps.

basbab

Reputable
Sep 17, 2018

Actually my Asus Ex A320 motherboard speed it just 3000MHz where as out of unawareness i bought G.skill Ripjaws V 8GB which is 3000MHz so i can't utilize my ram to its fullest capacity which is 3000MHz but in the beginning i found the ram speed was set to default to 2133MHz then later i came to know that's the default speed of DDR4 so i went into bios and set it to 2400MHz (i thought of setting it to 3000 or 2666 but i was afraid that it may lead to some problem as my motherboard advertised speed is just 2400MHz So I set my ram's speed to 2400Hz not beyond that).

I asked this question"
Please suggest me the optimal Volt,Fans speed , speed for my CPU,GPU and RAM for playing all the modern games in medium settings or low settings. "
because recently I did a BIOS update as I was facing issue with some portion of RAM being reserved for Hardware so i was suggested to check whether onboard graphics takes up some ram and to update bios, so i just did that, but after updating bios and got rid of that, then after this BIOS update i have been facing heating issue, so i though of lowering the voltage to my CPU would reduce the CPU temperature and it would also ensure long lasting of the CPU. I just a average gamer I will never go to High or ultra settings in game, i would prefer to stay in Medium settings.
I then ran CINEBENCHR15 and found the CPU temperature went till 72+ even at one stage my monitor blacked out while trying to switch between CINEBENCHR15 and CAM
here are the scores of CINEBENCHR15 and TEMPERATURES in CAM
DmWQBek.jpg

cam_091918_4.jpg

Also i changed my CPU volts from 1.4V(which was default) to 1.2125 using Ryzenmaster software. So is it okay to reduce your CPU volts??

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
There is no such thing as optimal settings in terms of something that can be handed to you. Every CPU is different, just part of the manufacturing process.

Undervolting is perfectly safe, but the system may become unstable if too little voltage is applied.

72C is no where near the throttle point (95C) of Ryzen.

If you still have the opportunity to return any of this stuff, I would do so. With the same amount of money you could build a much better system.

basbab

Reputable
Sep 17, 2018

so setting CPU voltage to 1.2125 from the default won't cause any harm or degradation in gaming experience right?

Yeah i know i messed up i can't even full utilize my ram speed which is 3000Mhz , i just went in and asked for a pc which supports both gaming and office purpose and this i what i got, at that time i was not aware of performance details and other related stuffs. Anyway i would be happy if could play modern games at the least medium or low settings for next 3 -4 years with this current specs which i got without any further up-gradation in playable FPS (25-30)

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Again, that first one will vary from chip to chip. If it is reaching maximum boost frequency under a full load for extended periods, then yes, there is no problem with the gaming experience.

Can't predict the future, but with a somewhat entry level GPU there will likely be some games that will be a struggle to play in the near future.

Solution