Question Suggestion for sharing a triple monitor+key/mouse setup with 3 machines.

bloodedbythought

Prominent
May 21, 2022
Does anyone have any advice or recommendations for a device to switch between 3 machines with a 3 monitor and key/mouse setup?

Back in the day I used KVM switches, but I was wondering if there are any new solutions and if anyone had any specific advice about them.

bloodedbythought

Prominent
May 21, 2022
extended switches are all I've ever seen in this regard.
some may offer up to 5 different configurations but i don't think the technology has advanced much passed that.

just curious;
why would you need 3 separate systems in that close proximity where this would be viable
vs just using networked drives and/or virtual systems?

Thanks for this. I have a work machine, a gaming/ game design machine, and usually a machine I am building for someone and wanted to be able to move through these more . . . elegantly than I am now :p I Parsec into other machines in the house, but these 3 are all in the same area.

I have a work machine, a gaming/ game design machine
to lower "clutter" in the area i would consolidate these into a single higher grade chassis using only the highest grade components.

i would imagine any separate work / game design isn't occurring simultaneously,
but even if it was;
having the software combined to a single higher performance system wouldn't delute any potential outcome.

plus any 3rd party build you're working on would benefit from having it's own separate peripheral setup apart from your main workstation.