Reputable
Jun 10, 2017
Power supply or SSD?
am running with non brand 600w psu running really well
and also was thinking about to buy ssd
now should i go for ssd or psu?

Solution
I would say, that depends.
If this is an OEM system that you aren't planning on changing anything inside of except the SSD, I would say go for it. HUGE improvement in desktop user experience.
If this is a "custom" build and the parts are using more than 50% rated output of the no name PSU I would do it first.
Can you list your specs? I agree with dark lord an efficient PSU is worth it, do not stick with no name brands or skimp on the PSU, you will regret it if yours pops or catches on fire it's not 100% but it's a huge risk running no name brands without an efficiency rating, if you could state the country you are from so we know what PSUs are available for you that'd be good.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I would say, that depends.
If this is an OEM system that you aren't planning on changing anything inside of except the SSD, I would say go for it. HUGE improvement in desktop user experience.
If this is a "custom" build and the parts are using more than 50% rated output of the no name PSU I would do it first.

Solution

MD Rakibul Hassan

Reputable
Jun 10, 2017
Can you list your specs? I agree with dark lord an efficient PSU is worth it, do not stick with no name brands or skimp on the PSU, you will regret it if yours pops or catches on fire it's not 100% but it's a huge risk running no name brands without an efficiency rating, if you could state the country you are from so we know what PSUs are available for you that'd be good.
yeah sure am from Bangladesh,
and i know that am running with bottleneck but don't have that much money to upgrade my system right now :(
my specs-
cpu - i3 4160
mobo - h81m s2pv
ram - 16gb 8x2 1600mhz
gpu - galax gtx1650super
hdd - wd 1tb 7200rpm
and the final nonbrand psu - win tech 600w