Question Suggestions about monitors

egozi44

Honorable
Mar 26, 2014
Hi there~
So I have my good old Dell U2410 (Specs here: https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/37694e9) for almost a decade now, it's really a decent monitor that answered all of my needs, but it had some burn-ins that appeared few years ago and anything I've tried wasn't able to fix it,

So some years later I thought it may be a good time to replace the monitor, but the issue is that I didn't was able to find anything that was more or less like my current monitor and have some troubles deciding on one as result, so I came here in hopes I will get some help,

What I'm looking for is a decent IPS 24' monitor (could also be one inch bigger or lower but I rather go with 24" if possible),

With average responses time (mine is 5),

10bit panel bit depth + FRC (most of the monitors I find out there were mostly 8bits) ,

Some good color contrast,

Average refresh time (mine was between 56 to 76 hz)

When it's comes to the resolution mine was 1920x1200 with 16:10 aspects but I don't mind to compromise to 16:9 or go higher with 4K, I dk if my pc can handle 4K though (my 980TI should manage but I dk how much and my CPU is really old I7 gen so...)

The only monitor that I was able to find which hold its head high next to my Dell U2410 was the Dell P2415Q but it was 4K and seem to have two serious issues, one in which it start with 30 Hz and only revisions from 2016+ had some hidden settings to change it back to 60 hz,
And the other (and more serious one) was that it could have issues wake up from sleep mode,

I didn't was able to find any other Dell monitor that had 10 bit or was around 24" and each dell monitor series seem to suffer from some random issues that unique to them, I've tried looking on other brands but they all were so-so as well,

The reason I'm sticking with Dell is mostly cause I'm using my monitor in between content creation and gaming, and Dell monitors tend to answer these in-between kind of demands by making monitors that good for both yet masters of none (just look on the U2410 specs)

But as you can see I'm on a dead end, so if anyone could suggest me anything that fit what I've listed above I will be greatful, thx in advance

Last edited:

egozi44

Honorable
Mar 26, 2014
We will need a little more information. Can you state the make and model of your GPU and your budget for said monitor/display purchase?

Here the GPU model and spec:
Asus GTX980 Ti 6GB STRIX-GTX980TI-DC3OC-6GD5-GAMING DirectCU III
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/asus-strix-gtx-980-ti-directcu-iii-oc.b3317

As for the budget, as far as I saw none of the monitors I'm looking for reached the prices of Triple A gaming monitor (which usually also in a 27" anyway), at least not where I am, and there seem to be some huge difference from what some of my friends from overseas showed me (of around 200€ more on their side, though it's really depends where you looking, but after conducting my own search I saw they were right~) to what the prices are over here

Long story short, I can't assume what the price will be anyway till I'll look for the monitor so lets ignore the price for now, if there will be anything that is too much I will be sure to tell you ;p

Last edited: