Question Suggestions for 12v 4 pin rgb fans

Jimmer05

Prominent
Feb 19, 2021
Hello all,

I've had to return my deepcool rf120m rgb fans after the blue and green cables were mixed up, which meant the fans wouldn't sync with the rest of the system in aura sync. Should I buy different fans this time or should I buy the same ones again and hope they work properly? Thanks for any help.

Lutfij

Titan
What is the make and model of your motherboard? Often times there are boards that don't have the right connectors to cater to your RGB/ARGB devices. Speaking of ARGB/RGB devices, what sort of brands do you have access to and what sort of fans are you looking at? Make and model of your case as well?

Jimmer05

Prominent
Feb 19, 2021
My motherboard is an Asus Rog Strix B450f gaming that has 12v 4 pin rgb headers. My case is the Cougar Mx-410 Mesh which can support 6 120mm fans (3 upfront, 2 at the top and 1 at the rear). I've found some fans from Deepcool and Antec . I could go for the same Deepcool rf-120m 5 pack that I bought last time, or I could go for 3 Antec Spark Rgb fans (they would need a separate rgb hub or splitter). Once again thanks for your time.

Jimmer05

Prominent
Feb 19, 2021
I decided to give the deepcool fans another try, hopefully they work well this time. But before I buy them, should I go for the 3 pack or 5 pack? There will be 3 intakes in the front, 2 exhausts in the top, and another exhaust (arctic F12 pwm) at the rear. Would like to double check if going for 5 fans would actually improve the airflow in my case, or even worsen it. Appreciate the help.