Question Suggestions For a Bluetooth MacBook Air Mouse?

Mar 25, 2019
Hi! I'm in the market for (yet another) bluetooth MacBook Air mouse. I have a rather large hand and the Magic Mouse that Apple sells is way too small for my hand. (It gives me severe hand cramps.) I recently bought a Sanwa mouse that has completely broken and won't stay connected to my laptop so I'm looking for a nice mouse that is reliable.

I have a few requirements (and I'll explain them as I go) for what kind of mouse I'm looking for:

- Bluetooth -> It has to be bluetooth. I'm talking from mouse-to-computer. No USB receiver. I have a Late 2018 MacBook Air (the model number is A1932, I'll pretend like I know what that means) and this stupid laptop doesn't have USB ports, something I didn't realize til I bought the dang thing. So I don't have the ability to use a USB receiver. (It can be noted that I do have a USB-C to USB adapter, but I only have the one and I'm reserving that for using external hard drives and USB drives.)

- Ergonomic...ness -> Like I mentioned above, I have a rather large hand. Using the tiny little Magic Mouse is a large pain (quite literally) for me. As a graphic designer I constantly have my hand on the mouse and I'd prefer it to be comfortable. So some kind of ergonomic...ness... would be very nice. If that's not possible then I'd at least like a decently sized mouse. Nothing like those gaming mice that take up half the table, but something that could support my hand.

- Battery Life -> Now, as someone who has spent a lot (and I mean a lot) of time looking for a mouse that is completely bluetooth (mouse-to-computer) I know it is incredibly difficult to find a mouse that is also nearly impossible to find one that is also rechargeable. However, I know it is possible. I had one a few months ago (that sadly fell off my desk, exploded, and had to be replaced) that was rechargeable. It also didn't like to stay connected, which is why I didn't repurchase it. That one was an iFun Viwind mouse, for reference. This being said, I would enjoy having a rechargeable mouse if possible. Albeit one that's more reliable than the last one. But if that's not possible then I'd appreciate one that doesn't eat batteries (the mouse I'm currently using has taken three batteries in a month.)

- Price -> Okay, so on the topic of pricing. I'd prefer something under $100 dollars ideally. I'm a college student and even that's a bit high for what I'd typically want to pay for a mouse (or anything really.) But at this point I've gone through 4 mouses in the last year and I'm tired of looking for better ones/spending around $30 on each one so I'd be willing to splurge. I also realize that the kind of mouse I'm looking for would probably run pretty expensive, but if anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

I realize that my connectivity issues could also be tied into this crappy laptop or a mouse-to-laptop bluetooth connection being unstable. Again, I'll pretend like I know anything about computers (my knowledge level is rather apparent by the fact I'm posting on this forum in the first place) but I'm sure this is a fully plausible possibility. So if anyone thinks that could be the case, I'd definitely be open to suggestions on how to strengthen that connection (again, don't really know much about computers so this could be completely impossible.)

Anyway, I'd really appreciate any suggestions/help anyone could give me. Thanks!

Mar 25, 2019
Thanks for the suggestion! I did some research on the MX Master 2S this morning and I'm a little concerned with the complaints that the mouse wheel breaks a few weeks after buying it. If I'm having to spend $70ish on a mouse I'd like to know it would last more than a week or two. Are there any other mice you know of that have a bit longer of a life span/aren't prone to wearing down as easily? Thanks so much!