[SOLVED] Suggestions For A GPU

Mar 2, 2020
I want a suggestion for a good budget gpu( below 90$) that can run games like euro truck simulator 2 and gta v at above or around 50fps

My Current Spec

CPU=> Intel Core2 Quad Extreme QX9650

Ram=> 8GB DDR3

GPU=> G41

I also want to make sure that the GPU and the CPU doesn't BOTTLENECK each other

Solution
Okay, used card suggestions aren't possible due to your location. I don't know your used market.
I saw a deal on amazon that states a gtx 970 at a cheap rate and gt 710
https://www.amazon.in/FidgetGear-Desktop-Graphics-Outport-DirectX12/dp/B081V31KNV/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=fidgetgear+gtx+970&qid=1583178834&sr=8-1
but i'm not sure if its legit
or can
Gigabyte Geforce GT 710 2GB DDR5 Graphics Card (GV-N710D5-2GL)
run gta V at low settings or medium settings

I'm not sure about that GTX 970. I don't recognize the manufacturer. Given that a GTX 970 is nearly equal to a GTX 1060. Yet that card is less than half the price in your area. I'd be concerned about it being a fake.

The GT 710 is for basic desktop graphics...
What's your current motherboard? and Power supply?

It looks like you're gonna have trouble finding a GPU that can achieve that much FPS for GTA with that CPU. Most modern day GPU's run on PCIe 3, and that CPU is back from 2007 so it's most likely on a PCIe 2 and DDR2 motherboard. If you want 50 FPS you're most likely gonna need to upgrade your hardware.

You'll probably have to settle for GTX 580, it's not a bad card but will probably struggle to get 50FPS on GTA unless you set the graphics to low.

One will always bottleneck the other. A GPU which greatly outclasses a CPU simply means you can handle higher details before the GPU is a limiting factor.

What PSU do you have? That's very important to know when choosing a GPU with such a limited budget. If your PSU can handle it. I'd get a used Radeon Rx 570. As that is the fastest for your budget.

CPU: 50FPS is an unrealistic standard for GTA V with a Core 2 Quad QX9650. The CPU is going to limit performance outdoors especially with a lot of traffic and pedestrians. With any halfway decent GPU you can tweak settings where the GPU won't limit performance. But your CPU will limit performance no matter how low you go. Only a few settings effect CPU load per frame. Most settings effect only GPU load per frame.

Reactions: King_V
Mar 2, 2020
500watt and Dell OptiPlex 780 USFF Intel LGA 775 DDR3 Motherboard
One will always bottleneck the other. A GPU which greatly outclasses a CPU simply means you can handle higher details before the GPU is a limiting factor.

What PSU do you have? That's very important to know when choosing a GPU with such a limited budget. If your PSU can handle it. I'd get a used Radeon Rx 570. As that is the fastest for your budget.

CPU: 50FPS is an unrealistic standard for GTA V with a Core 2 Quad QX9650. The CPU is going to limit performance outdoors especially with a lot of traffic and pedestrians. With any halfway decent GPU you can tweak settings where the GPU won't limit performance. But your CPU will limit performance no matter how low you go. Only a few settings effect CPU load per frame. Most settings effect only GPU load per frame.

As @Newtonius mentioned about the motherboard. Are you certain about the model of Dell. As I doubt any 500watt PSU would fit in the USFF series. There are multiple Optiplex 780 form factors.

As for the PSU. What is the make and model of PSU? I don't think any Dell outside of workstations would have a 500watt PSU. Which indicates an aftermarket PSU. The make and model of PSU is important as well.

Reactions: King_V
Mar 2, 2020
As @Newtonius mentioned about the motherboard. Are you certain about the model of Dell. As I doubt any 500watt PSU would fit in the USFF series. There are multiple Optiplex 780 form factors.

As for the PSU. What is the make and model of PSU? I don't think any Dell outside of workstations would have a 500watt PSU. Which indicates an aftermarket PSU. The make and model of PSU is important as well.
I was actually planning to change it to Dell OptiPlex 780 USFF Intel LGA 775 DDR3 Motherboard but since you guys have pointed it out that it doesn't have a PCIE X16 slot I wont change it but currently my mobo is IPIEL LA3 rev. 1.02 which does have a PCIE x16 slot but not sure of what version it is i.e. 3.0 or 2.0

Py the way this is the PSU that I have purchased
https://www.amazon.in/Circle-CG-500WATT-80-Supply/dp/B07VBMWTG5/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2DGZDRO94EH6Y&keywords=500w+psu&qid=1583177369&sprefix=500w+,aps,293&sr=8-2

Mar 2, 2020

If not for GTA V then atleast for ETS2 can it run at above 90fps at ultra settings.
I think ETS 2 is not an intensive game...

Mar 2, 2020
What's your current motherboard? and Power supply?

It looks like you're gonna have trouble finding a GPU that can achieve that much FPS for GTA with that CPU. Most modern day GPU's run on PCIe 3, and that CPU is back from 2007 so it's most likely on a PCIe 2 and DDR2 motherboard. If you want 50 FPS you're most likely gonna need to upgrade your hardware.

You'll probably have to settle for GTX 580, it's not a bad card but will probably struggle to get 50FPS on GTA unless you set the graphics to low.
https://www.amazon.in/FidgetGear-De...ords=fidgetgear+gtx+970&qid=1583178834&sr=8-1
or can

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I haven't seen any mention of the monitor's specs: resolution, refresh rate, and if it has FreeSync, GSync, or neither.

Also - keep in mind that OEM motherboards (Dell, HP, etc) tend to be notoriously fussy about running newer video cards. It helps to have the latest BIOS, but even then, sometimes it just won't work.

Finally - I suspect that PSU is likely to be of very poor quality. The first link in my sig will make mention of good vs bad PSUs, though I do understand that you may not have the same kind of availability in India that you'd have, say, in the US or Germany.

Okay, used card suggestions aren't possible due to your location. I don't know your used market.
https://www.amazon.in/FidgetGear-Desktop-Graphics-Outport-DirectX12/dp/B081V31KNV/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=fidgetgear+gtx+970&qid=1583178834&sr=8-1
or can

I'm not sure about that GTX 970. I don't recognize the manufacturer. Given that a GTX 970 is nearly equal to a GTX 1060. Yet that card is less than half the price in your area. I'd be concerned about it being a fake.

The GT 710 is for basic desktop graphics only. Such as for MS Office and web browsing. Don't buy it for gaming. It's about equal to older Intel Integrated Graphics.

or even a gt 1030 ddr5 at 2gb is a good one but i want some one to choose the better one...

The GT 1030 is likely the best GPU you can get for your money for your budget. At least from what I can tell perusing Amazon India. I don't know what sort of FPS you'd get in Eurotruck simulator 2 with that CPU and GPU. You can find all sorts of gaming benchmarks on Youtube for different games. Just check the game for a Core 2 Quad and a different search for a GT 1030. Whichever has the worst FPS is the FPS you can expect.

Reactions: thuggamer
Solution
Mar 2, 2020
I also

The GT 710 is for basic desktop graphics only. Such as for MS Office and web browsing. Don't buy it for gaming. It's about equal to older Intel Integrated Graphics.

The GT 1030 is likely the best GPU you can get for your money for your budget. At least from what I can tell perusing Amazon India. I don't know what sort of FPS you'd get in Eurotruck simulator 2 with that CPU and GPU. You can find all sorts of gaming benchmarks on Youtube for different games. Just check the game for a Core 2 Quad and a different search for a GT 1030. Whichever has the worst FPS is the FPS you can expect.
I also have a doubt if 500w is enough to run both gt 1030 and QX9650???? Pl Help

I also

I also have a doubt if 500w is enough to run both gt 1030 and QX9650???? Pl Help

500W is far more than needed. As has been relayed by @King_V it's a matter of quality. Now a GT 1030 only uses 30W at the high end. Even with a cheap 500W PSU. If your system is already running fine. I couldn't see such a minor card being an issue. It's not as though your are trying to run a GTX 1060.

While I generally prefer a high quality PSU. One also has to factor in the value of the computer. I just couldn't picture spending $70 on a PSU for a computer that's only worth about $50. Get the GT 1030 then don't spend any more money on that computer. Save up your money and buy something like a 2nd Generation Core i5 or newer Dell Optiplex Mini Tower with 8GB RAM and Windows 10. They will be a big step up and should accommodate a GT 1030 without a PSU upgrade. They can be bought used and fully functional in the US for under a $100. They may be more expensive where you live but I couldn't picture them being that much more expensive.