Question Suggestions for a media drive/back-up system...

glasswave

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2010
I am looking for a system that makes accessing 3 or 4 drives stuffed with audio/video/image media and backing up those drives seamless and transparent. Ideally this device would hold 3 or 4 12TB to 24TB drives and have another drive bay where I could mount back up drives for the purpose of backing up each of the 4 media drives every month or two.

Can someone point me toward an economical drive bay system that would excel at such tasks? USB3? USB-c? eSata? or Gbit ethernet?

js2

Jul 16, 2024
I am looking for a system that makes accessing 3 or 4 drives stuffed with audio/video/image media and backing up those drives seamless and transparent. Ideally this device would hold 3 or 4 12TB to 24TB drives and have another drive bay where I could mount back up drives for the purpose of backing up each of the 4 media drives every month or two.

Can someone point me toward an economical drive bay system that would excel at such tasks? USB3? USB-c? eSata? or Gbit ethernet?
Depends on budget. You could go Cloud if you have good enough internet, or build your own media server.
Off the shelf you are looking at a 6 bay NAS. Most are not worth the price.