Question Suggestions for a used PC with this graphics card

Jul 3, 2021
Heya everyone.

So I have just a EVGA GeForce GTX 750Ti 2GB GDDR5 Direct X12 Video Graphics Card 02G-P4-3751-KR.

s-l1600.jpg

It's the big one, 9 x 1.5 x 4.38 inches.

Could I get some recommendations on what computer to buy for this?

I'm an old school gamer.

The most recent title I would like to play is probably something like Left 4 Dead 2, but preferably on it's highest settings.

I'm hoping for perhaps a few possible options, so at least a couple of recommendations.

Oh, and if there's something that is a complete steal and I should buy now, or perhaps something I definitely need to at least bid on through Ebay, could you mention that in your referral?

I don't mind at all waiting for a good deal.

Please and thank you.

Are you an old school gamer because you prefer the older games or because you simply don't think you can run the newer titles?
In any case it would be helpful to know where you are located as in the country you live in and what your budget is. Also do you have to have it prebuilt or would you be willing to build it?

Jul 3, 2021
I'm in a remote city in Michigan, about 40 miles from any real store and I no longer have a vehicle.

The only time I was ever able to enjoy a good PC was when I was in the college computer labs back in the 90s.

I could afford a $5k computer, but I tend to be ashamed whenever I buy something for myself.

After all, I really don't need one.

I can follow instructions, but I'm mostly a point and click kind of person.

I think I just need a prebuilt, bare computer that I can insert that graphics card into.

Depending what you want, find a Dell business class system like a Dell optiplex refurbished with an i7, upgrade to 16gb of ram and add an ssd which would help with speed. That would at least get you started.

Was watching a video where they took an old i7 system like that and installed a 2tb ssd, 16gb ram and an rtx 2060, Along with some other things. But older Dell systems with similar specs should be found for under 200 dollars.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/384247176044?hash=item5976ea9b6c:g:mjUAAOSwO~Ng2f07

Something more like that. But spend the money to get a good sized ssd drive. You could get a 240gb ssd and get a hard drive for games, or get a 1tb or 2tb ssd and that should store at least some things. Probably easiest to get a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter so you can mount it in the factory drive bay.

Also, I’d try to upgrade to at least 16gb of ram in whatever system you get. May not be a bad idea to upgrade the power supply as well.

Of course if you are willing to spend money, a more modern system may last longer.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-ome...12gb-ssd-shadow-black/6457783.p?skuId=6457783

Something like this would be ok, but I’d recommend to upgrade to 16gb of ram, and maybe put a 1 or 2tb hard drive in for storage. For example, I just bought a 1tb ssd on Amazon to use for storage on my gaming pc for 79.99.

Might also be a good idea to upgrade the power supply once the warranty is gone. Another thing to keep in mind is that Windows 11 is right around the corner, and it sounds like on older systems like the i7 systems that they will not support Windows 11. I think you can use Windows 10 until 2025, but it may be something to consider if this will be a long term system.

Jul 3, 2021
https://www.ebay.com/itm/384247176044?hash=item5976ea9b6c:g:mjUAAOSwO~Ng2f07

Something more like that. But spend the money to get a good sized ssd drive. You could get a 240gb ssd and get a hard drive for games, or get a 1tb or 2tb ssd and that should store at least some things. Probably easiest to get a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter so you can mount it in the factory drive bay.

Also, I’d try to upgrade to at least 16gb of ram in whatever system you get. May not be a bad idea to upgrade the power supply as well.

Of course if you are willing to spend money, a more modern system may last longer.

"This listing is intended for experienced PC technicians only."

I did a Raspberry Pi 3 & 4 on my own twice and once rebuilt the shell casing of a Gameboy Advance SP.

That's about as far as I can go though. :/

@ohio_buckeye

Doesn't that $950 computer already have a graphics card?

Do you think I should just throw away the one I have?

I think I understand since that card was wrongly suggested to me over at the Gamefaqs PC forum.

Jul 3, 2021
@ohio_buckeye

My computer I had last month was an Intel Pentium D..... Whatever that means.

I just know it was garbage. :D

I recently purchased a Dell Optiplex 5040 SFF PC/Computer, Intel Core i5, 16GB RAM, 128SSD, Win 10 Pro.

It's not quite enough even though I'm quite happy with this.

No more 480p YouTube videos for me.

I was hoping it could be upgraded, but I guess not.

I'll consider your $950 suggestion.

I only spent $110 on that graphics card so I guess I don't mind taking a loss on this.