Suggestions for Build and Peripherals

Bruski

Distinguished
May 21, 2015
So far, my gaming build is http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Hnrtyc
I have a $2000 budget for the actual computer. So any suggestions for improvement it? Also what peripherals (monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset most importantly) would go good with the build (not included in the given budget). Thank you!

Solution
Here is what I've selected. http://pcpartpicker.com/user/profoundnoah/saved/#view=pfWCmG

I've kept the processor, cooler, and RAM because they are very good. Storage has no issues either. I've changed the case to the NZXT Phantom 530. They come in a variety of colors, myself being a fan of the black. Power Supply, Optical Drive, and OS do not have any problems. For headphones, I do not want to skimp out on quality. V-Moda Crossfades offer an excellent sound quality, comparable to the $1500 Sennheiser 800's. The microphone holds no compromise either. Blue Microphones Yeti is an excellent microphone that will deliver crisp audio sound and will be ideal for recording youtube videos and livestreaming. The keyboard I selected is the corsair...
First of all, ditch one 980. 980's in SLI are extremely overkill. Use that money to get a NZXT Phantom Full Tower Case. I do like the case you had picked out, but there was an issue with the cooler compatibility. You will still have around 400 left to spend. I'll get to work on a peripheral list. You will only need 2 980's for gaming in 4k.

WildCard999

Titan
This is the build i'd go with...plenty of power, within budget (before peripherals), color coded (if that matters to you) and I went with a decent monitor but if you have more to spend on it either go with a 4K monitor or do a 3 monitor setup with 1080P monitors.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($325.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($87.49 @ Newegg)
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste ($5.49 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 EXTREME4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($120.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($63.98 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($63.98 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($97.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($68.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 295X2 8GB Core Edition Video Card ($663.39 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair 780T ATX Full Tower Case ($172.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($101.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.98 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 OEM (64-bit) ($86.75 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Asus VX228H 60Hz 21.5" Monitor ($139.99 @ Best Buy)
Keyboard: Logitech G105 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($39.79 @ Newegg)
Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired Optical Mouse ($57.99 @ NCIX US)
Headphones: Logitech G430 7.1 Channel Headset ($54.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $2235.56 Before $70 MIR

Another option could be going with a Xeon (similiar performance to a i7) and using the money saved to get the GTX 980 SLI but then that really only matters if your going to 4K gaming or you want it to last quite a long time. One thing to remember though is that even if you do SLI on the 980 your still only limited to 4gb of vram. Also theres the Titan X :)

Here is what I've selected. http://pcpartpicker.com/user/profoundnoah/saved/#view=pfWCmG

I've kept the processor, cooler, and RAM because they are very good. Storage has no issues either. I've changed the case to the NZXT Phantom 530. They come in a variety of colors, myself being a fan of the black. Power Supply, Optical Drive, and OS do not have any problems. For headphones, I do not want to skimp out on quality. V-Moda Crossfades offer an excellent sound quality, comparable to the $1500 Sennheiser 800's. The microphone holds no compromise either. Blue Microphones Yeti is an excellent microphone that will deliver crisp audio sound and will be ideal for recording youtube videos and livestreaming. The keyboard I selected is the corsair K70 RGB keyboard because of its amazing looks, features, and tactile feel. I am a new mechanical keyboard user, and trust me the difference is astronomical. As for the monitor, I went with a large 27 inch screen for eye candy, at 1080p. The 980 will have no problem with that resolution, which is why I dropped one. The mouse I chose is a community favorite, the Logitech G502 proteus core. This mouse is very comfortable, looks great, and is affordable. Final cost is $2200.
OPTIONS
While all these components are fantastic, if you're looking to save money, try switching the microphone out with the Audio Technica AT 2020 to save $40. If you just want standard backlighting but mechanical feel, go with a Razer Blackwidow as they offer beautiful green backlighting along with great mechanical switches. This will save you an additional $40.

Solution