Suggestions for buying 1060

Possessive

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2013
Hey Guys. i have been planning to buy GTX 1060 for couple of months but due to the rise of ethereum market, it has been causing difficulty on my purchasing.

I have my mind set on purchasing either MSI 1060 gaming x: https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-1060-GAMING-X-6G.html
or ASUS dual 1060: https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/DUAL-GTX1060-6G/

The problem is that none of these graphic card are available in my country at the moment and the only graphic card which is available here is the GTX 1060 Strix DC2O6G : https://www.asus.com/my/Graphics-Cards/STRIX-GTX1060-DC2O6G/

There aren't many reviews for this graphic card since it was only launched in the Asian and Australian market and i wanted to get your reviews and opinions whether i should purchase this graphic card or not. I only intend on purchasing NVIDIA graphic cards belonging to either MSI or ASUS brand due to their reliability and durability.

So should i purchase Asus GTX 1060 Strix DC2O6G or should i wait few days, hoping that one of the shops gets MSI 1060 gaming x or ASUS dual 1060?

Solution

That's fair, 3 year warranty is obviously supreme 1. Not saying gig is supreme best or whatnot, I'm still using msi gtx titan x and z77mpower motherboard in my old rig and they work fine with just gpu requiring a bit more fan control. With asus I guess I just had bad luck since I had trouble with everything with their logo from motherboard to router, specially motherboard was frustrating since it didn't work out of...

piechockidocent9

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
Based on what I was able to get about gpus you consider, I would wait for untill cards you can't get right now become available. Dc206g seems to lack in comparison, also msi gaming x and asus dual have a lot of satisfied customers and reviews while strix has almost none.
P.S If it were me I would go for gigabyte. I agree with you about purchasing nvidia but msi gpus are more like 50/50 chance for durable and reliable product or a failing piece of junk. With asus I consider rates being more like 20/80.

Possessive

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2013
The thing is that the warranty period for gigabyte graphic card is around 1 year period while MSI and Asus has around 3 years. While also comparing the reviews of gigabyte, MSI and Asus products, Gigabyte goods tend to be more problematic then Asus.

If Gigabyte had longer warranty period, i would have given thoughts on purchasing Gigabyte 1060 6GB windforce. Plus i have a bad history with AMD graphic card as one of my card died as soon as the 1 year warranty period expired. This is the reason why i could not purchase a graphic which has a 1 year warranty period.

piechockidocent9

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017

That's fair, 3 year warranty is obviously supreme 1. Not saying gig is supreme best or whatnot, I'm still using msi gtx titan x and z77mpower motherboard in my old rig and they work fine with just gpu requiring a bit more fan control. With asus I guess I just had bad luck since I had trouble with everything with their logo from motherboard to router, specially motherboard was frustrating since it didn't work out of the box and they did all they could to try to work their way out of having to replace it.
Anyhow I hope gpus you desire become available soon, also look up benefits of registering your products if you haven't yet done so. Msi prelongs your warranty even longer if you register it on their site, done it recently with z370 godlike gaming motherboard. Don't know if it's only premium class products or some kind of promotion for gigabyte but I got 4 year warranty on my gtx 1080 ti waterforce extreme

Solution