[SOLVED] Suggestions for Graphics Card update

Mar 7, 2020
Here are my computer specs:
Processor : Intel®Core™ i5-2500K CPU @ 3.3GHz
RAM: 8GB
Motherboard: Asus P8P67 PCIe 2.0 x16
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTS 450

I'd really like to update my graphics card but cant be sure about compatibility. What card would people recommend that is under 200 GBP?

If you require more information just say and I'll go find it.

Cheers

Solution
Thanks refillable.

I've opened my case up and I see no signs of a sticker on the PSU unless its on the side of my computer that I cant open.

I went to my emails from Arbico and found this info "Power Supply: Xilence 420W 1 x PCI-E 120mm Fan"

I also had a look for PCIe power connectors and found one for 6 pins and then a separate one with 2.

I'm considering this: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4GB SC ULTRA Turing Graphics Card.

But Newtonius mentioned a higher bottleneck percentage with my CPU if I chose this one. Could someone explain the risk?
There's no "risk" when you have a "higher bottleneck percentage". It just means that you would be CPU limited a bit. It's not the end of the world.
Mar 7, 2020
Thanks refillable.

I've opened my case up and I see no signs of a sticker on the PSU unless its on the side of my computer that I cant open.

I went to my emails from Arbico and found this info "Power Supply: Xilence 420W 1 x PCI-E 120mm Fan"

I also had a look for PCIe power connectors and found one for 6 pins and then a separate one with 2.

I'm considering this: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4GB SC ULTRA Turing Graphics Card.

But Newtonius mentioned a higher bottleneck percentage with my CPU if I chose this one. Could someone explain the risk?

Last edited:
Thanks refillable.

There's no "risk" when you have a "higher bottleneck percentage". It just means that you would be CPU limited a bit. It's not the end of the world.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS