Question Suggestions for my new Ryzen based upgrade build

Saptarshi Mondal

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
Hello my fellow gamers and tech enthusiasts,
I want to upgrade my 6 years old i5-3330 based gaming build with a Ryzen based system. To do that, I need a CPU, a motherboard and a stick of DDR4 RAM.

I am initially came up with Ryzen 5 2600 with Asus B450M-A motherboard with a single stick of G.Skills 8GB 3000MHz DDR4 RAM (I will add another stick after some time).

But after doing some internet, I found that most of the the R5 2600 build are based on much higher motherboards.
So my question is, is the above mentioned motherboard is enough to overclock and get the best out of R5 2600 ? (other motherboards I can afford are Gigabyte B450M DS3H and Msi B450M Pro-VDH V2)
or Should I just downgrade from B450 chipset to A320 and spend the money on better CPU like R5 2600X or R5 3600 or even R7 1700?

Please note that I am not a heavy gamer (PUBG is the targeted game), but I do some lite work on Premier Pro and Blender (this is the reason I am getting a 6 core CPU and not R5 3400G). As for GPU I have GTX 960 and a single 1080p monitor.

Thank You,
:giggle:

R5=Ryzen 5
R7=Ryzen 7

Getting a B450 is advisable. An A320 won't allow you to OC the CPU. And OC'ing that CPU is relatively easy, and very much worthwhile.

I'd also consider greatly, getting 2 x kit of ram. Ryzen gets about 10-20% extra performance task dependent from dual channel. Even if you have to get a 2 x 4gb kit, in this case it would be better than a 1 x 8gb stick. Preferably stretching the budget to accomodate 2 x 8gb would be hugely beneficial to what you want to do.

Mobo, wise, MSI B450 Tomahawk is one that is highly recommended.

Saptarshi Mondal

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
Getting a B450 is advisable. An A320 won't allow you to OC the CPU. And OC'ing that CPU is relatively easy, and very much worthwhile.

I'd also consider greatly, getting 2 x kit of ram. Ryzen gets about 10-20% extra performance task dependent from dual channel. Even if you have to get a 2 x 4gb kit, in this case it would be better than a 1 x 8gb stick. Preferably stretching the budget to accomodate 2 x 8gb would be hugely beneficial to what you want to do.

Mobo, wise, MSI B450 Tomahawk is one that is highly recommended.
Thank you for replying.
I am aware of the RAM issue, but that isn't the problem.. I can actually get another 8GB stick later on(maybe few months) because all the 4gb sticks I am getting is 2400MHz at best..
Tomahawk would be a great board but it is just out of my budget :(