[SOLVED] Suggestions for new build pls

Solution
A very good list, you can build as is.
One rule of thumb for a balanced gamer is to budget about 2x the cost of your cpu for the graphics card.
You are more like 1:1.
I am ok with that because it permits you to effectively upgrade your graphics card in the future.
I happen to like intel for gaming. Mainly because of the better single thread performance.
That is best for games such as sims, mmo, and strategy games.
If you play multiplayer games with many participants, that is where the cheap threads of ryzen will shine.
If you favor fast action games buy the best graphics card you can afford.
Overall, I suspect your balance is just right.

Many graphics cards will run well on 550w. But, 650w is not much more and I would consider that...
I'd prefer this for less:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($174.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard ($114.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory ($74.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($87.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4 GB SC ULTRA GAMING Video Card ($158.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair SPEC-DELTA RGB ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ Best Buy)
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($109.86 @ Amazon)
Total: $801.78
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-14 07:12 EST-0500

Feb 14, 2020
well i am quite new in building this but i would like intel i5 simply because i like it more. I like the case u suggested can this fit into this case and can i use this RAM memory for this setup

A very good list, you can build as is.
One rule of thumb for a balanced gamer is to budget about 2x the cost of your cpu for the graphics card.
You are more like 1:1.
I am ok with that because it permits you to effectively upgrade your graphics card in the future.
I happen to like intel for gaming. Mainly because of the better single thread performance.
That is best for games such as sims, mmo, and strategy games.
If you play multiplayer games with many participants, that is where the cheap threads of ryzen will shine.
If you favor fast action games buy the best graphics card you can afford.
Overall, I suspect your balance is just right.

Many graphics cards will run well on 550w. But, 650w is not much more and I would consider that.

If you have a budget constraint, defer on the HDD,
You can always add a HDD later.
Better yet, buy a 1tb ssd up front.
A 1tb samsung 860 QVO will cost less than your current ssd/hdd budget I think.
https://www.newegg.com/samsung-860-qvo-series-1tb/p/N82E16820147738?&quicklink=true
Or, better yet, buy a 1tb intel 660p pcie ssd
https://www.newegg.com/intel-660p-series-1tb/p/N82E16820167462?&quicklink=true

Since you are a new builder, here are two of my canned advice:

----------------how to mount the stock Intel cooler--------------

The stock Intel cooler can be tricky to install.
A poor installation will result in higher cpu temperatures.
If properly mounted, you should expect temperatures at idle to be 10-15c. over ambient.

To mount the Intel stock cooler properly, place the motherboard on top of the foam or cardboard backing that was packed with the motherboard.
The stock cooler will come with paste pre applied, it looks like three grey strips.
The 4 push pins should come in the proper position for installation, that is with the pins rotated in the opposite direction of the arrow,(clockwise)
and pulled up as far as they can go.
Take the time to play with the pushpin mechanism until you know how they work.

Orient the 4 pins so that they are exactly over the motherboard holes.
If one is out of place, you will damage the pins which are delicate.
Push down on a DIAGONAL pair of pins at the same time. Then the other pair.

When you push down on the top black pins, it expands the white plastic pins to fix the cooler in place.

If you do them one at a time, you will not get the cooler on straight.
Lastly, look at the back of the motherboard to verify that all 4 pins are equally through the motherboard, and that the cooler is on firmly.
This last step must be done, which is why the motherboard should be out of the case to do the job. Or you need a case with a opening that lets you see the pins.
It is possible to mount the cooler with the motherboard mounted in the case, but you can then never be certain that the push pins are inserted properly
unless you can verify that the pins are through the motherboard and locked.

If you should need to remove the cooler, turn the pins counter clockwise to unlock them.
You will need to clean off the old paste and reapply new if you ever take the cooler off.
Clean off old paste with alcohol and a lint free paper like a coffee filter.
Apply new paste sparingly. A small rice sized drop in the center will spread our under heat and pressure.
Too much paste is bad, it will act as an insulator.
It is hard to use too little.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY build process:

Before anything, while waiting for your parts to be delivered, download
and read, cover to cover your case and motherboard manual.
Buy a #2 magnetic tip philips screwdriver.
I find it handy to buy a power switch like this for testing.
https://www.ebay.com/p/4in1-PC-Powe...or-Computer/631889283?iid=142232821294&chn=ps

1. I assemble the critical parts outside of the case.
That lets me test them for functionality easily.
A wood table or cardboard is fine.
2. Plug in only the necessary parts at first. Ram, cpu, cooler, psu.
Do not force anything. Parts fit only one way.
Attach a monitor to the integrated motherboard adapter if you have one, otherwise to the graphics card.
  1. If your motherboard does not have a PWR button, momentarily touch the two pwr front panel pins with a flat blade screwdriver.
  2. Repeatedly hit F2 or DEL, and that should get you into the bios display.
  3. Boot from a cd or usb stick with memtest86 on it. memtest will exercise your ram and cpu functionality.
  4. Install windows.
  5. Install the motherboard cd drivers. Particularly the lan drivers so you can access the internet.
Do not select the easy install option, or you will get a bunch of utilities and trialware that you don't want. Drivers only.
  1. Connect to the internet and install an antivirus program. Microsoft security essentials is free, easy, and unobtrusive.
  2. Install your graphics card and driver if you tested with integrated graphics.
You will need to remove the graphics card later to install your motherboard in the case.
As a tip when screwing the motherboard into the posts, give the screw a small counterclockwise turn until you feel a click.
That lets you know that the screw will engage properly.
Make a note of how the graphics card latches into the pcie slot.
The mechanism will be hidden under the card and may be difficult to work if you have not previously checked how.
  1. Update windows to currency.
  2. Only now do I take apart what I need to and install it in the case.
  3. Now is the time to reinstall your graphics card.

Solution
The Intel 9400 and AMD 3600 are pretty close in FPS for gaming. In that regard the choice of cpu doesn't really matter.

But looking at the future and trying to get the most out of your investment than AMD is the better choice. This is not about emotions and brand loyalty. It's about getting the most for your money. With the AMD platform you will have a CPU upgrade path that you won't with Intel at this point in time.

My last PC was Intel, my current PC is AMD. No complaints at all with my new build.

@ LE PEACOCK:
Do not be bullied.

Fans of either AMD or Intel try to persuade you to buy what they did.
It validates their decision.

Past about 6 months or a year out, nobody knows what the future will bring.
They do not know YOUR future needs.
Those who really know Intel or AMD product plans are under Non disclosure agreements.
The future is all about rumors.

Reactions: LE PEACOCK
ON the case decision, most anything will work.
Looks count, bust your budget if you must to buy a case you love.
You will be looking at it for a long time.
My criteria for a good case:

1. It must hold your parts.
For most, that is the motherboard, cpu, graphics card and a couple of drives.
Do you need a dvd drive?
Consider a smaller M-ATX size

Front intake needs to be adequate.
At least two 120/140mm front intakes that are filtered.
That keeps your parts clean.

3. I like air coolers. I5-9400f comes with a stock cooler that requires minimal room.
I like a case with 160mm available for a good tower type air cooler.

4. Most of all, it must look good to you.
I am not a fan of the current RGB bling fad.

On the motherboard, they are all OK.
No need for a top end board capable of ln2 overclocking.
I would spend a bit more on a Z390 based motherboard which allows a future K suffix upgrade.
Consider M-ATX size, they are usually less expensive.

On ram, buy a 2 x 8gb ddr4 kit
Speed is not important to intel using a discrete graphics card.
I might expect 3000 to 3600 speed will not be very different in price.

@ LE PEACOCK:
Do not be bullied.

Fans of either AMD or Intel try to persuade you to buy what they did.
It validates their decision.

Past about 6 months or a year out, nobody knows what the future will bring.
They do not know YOUR future needs.
Those who really know Intel or AMD product plans are under Non disclosure agreements.
The future is all about rumors.

I'm not trying to "bully" anyone.

Hmm....
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-cpus,3986.html

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead