Question Suggestions for New Laptop for Uni student doing Bachelor of Software Engineering ?

noyaus

Reputable
Jul 15, 2016
Hi Guys, I live in Australia and I am planning to study Software Engineering in 2021. I am looking to buy a new laptop for me with the aim to last at least the whole duration of the course and maybe a little bit longer. I am set to buy an i5 processor device or equivalent in the AMD range which I think is the Ryzen series.

1. What is your budget?
AUD$1500

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
13 inch to 15 inch but most preferable 13 or 14 inch

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1920 x 1080

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
No

5. How much battery life do you need?
Most likely around 10 hours

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
No

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Maybe download any software that the university requires me to download. Maybe Photoshop as well

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
256GB or 512GB SSD

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
https://www.domayne.com.au/hp-pavilion-13-3-inch-i5-1135g7-8gb-512gb-ssd-laptop.html
https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/hp-probook-430-g7-core-i5-8gb-256gb-win-10-pro-hp9wc61pa

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
A fair bit of time. 5 - 6 years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
None

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I prefer to buy from brands like HP, Dell and Microsoft and maybe ASUS.
I would like to stay away from Acer and Lenovo

13. What country do you live in?
Australia

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I am more than happy to look at other laptops and brands as well

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS