Suggestions for next GPU

Yeldur

Honorable
Jan 28, 2017
System Specs
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Six Core Processor i7-8700k (3.7GHz) 12MB Cache
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-H GAMING: ATX, LGA1151, USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs
Memory (RAM) 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2666MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card MSI NVIDIA GTX 970 Gaming Twin Frozr HDMI DVI-I DP Graphics Card (4GB, PCI Express, DDR5, 256 Bit)
Storage 2TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 3.5" SSHD
Storage 512GB SAMSUNG 960 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 2100MB/W)
Power Supply CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Processor Cooling Corsair H100i V2 Hydro Cooler w/ PCS Liquid Series Ultra Quiet Fans
Operating System Genuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
Monitor 24" CFG70 Curved Full HD QLED Gaming Monitor (1080p, 144Hz)

Content

Hi there,

I'm looking to upgrade my GPU card however I'm not too sure what is the "best" to get on the market at the moment. With the RTX storming the field seemingly with more issues than anything I was a little unsure of what I should be looking for

Requirements:
I will only buy Nvidia cards, I know what I'm dealing with and it is what I prefer due to the software, access to shadowplay etc etc.

Price:
Not an object specifically however if it is going to be expensive I would need some form of justification to match the high price.

I live in the UK; as such parts from companies in this country would be preferred (Example: Scan.co.uk)

Resolution:

1920 x 1080 with the potential of moving to 2560 x 1440 later down the line.

Overclocking:
No plans to overclock at all.

Being used for:

Heavy gaming on games such as: Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Total War: Warhammer 2, The Witcher 3, Total War: Three Kingdoms (In future), Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord (In future), Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, Squad.

Approximate Purchase Date:

Depends completely on price but would say any time within 6 months maybe less maybe more; however as stated price is not my worry and as such fluctuations will not matter in consideration.