suggestions for scanner for mounted 35 slides

I have a few thousand mounted 35mm slides in Kodak Carousel slide trays. I
no longer have a projector. I want to scan the slides and store them on
CD's.

The film scanners I read about seem to focus on unmounted film. I'd really
appreciate some suggestions of what to look at to do this job.

Thanks for you time... Joe

In article <b6WPc.20909$Je5.17546@nwrddc03.gnilink.net>, eojtoo@yahoo.com
says...

>I have a few thousand mounted 35mm slides in Kodak Carousel slide trays. I
>no longer have a projector. I want to scan the slides and store them on
>CD's.
>
>The film scanners I read about seem to focus on unmounted film. I'd really
>appreciate some suggestions of what to look at to do this job.

Most of the better film scanners have a holder for strips of 6 frames
unmounted, or also a holder for 4 mounted 2x2 slides. There is a motor
that moves the holder so it can batch scan that group.

Except some of the Nikon models only accept one mounted slide, and some do
four. And some of the top end Nikons have an optional (very expensive)
holder for 50 mounted slides.

--
Wayne
http://www.scantips.com "A few scanning tips"