[SOLVED] Suggestions for this low budget build ryzen 3600

fmy

Aug 6, 2019
Hi,

I am planning to build a system that has Ryzen 5 3600 and can run games without problems in 1080p.

But I have doubts about MOBO and PSU, any suggestions?
I am choosing this Asus because I have read that it will work from the factory, it could save me updating it.
About PSU, is this brand good? Maybe I could buy another brand but with less watts.
https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/3NTF7OD328YU8?ref_=wl_share

Solution
TBH the 3600 is so efficient you dont need an expensive board. You could buy a cheap board and keep it.

If you dont mind spending more, get a mid-range B450 and keep it.
Psu is complete junk.
I would biy a corsair cx, tx or seasonic focis gold. Also evga g2s are pretty good.

That board may work without updates, but it may not. It the bios version is wrong you will need to buy another cpu to update it.

I would suggest an mso b450m gaming plus. If it has the wrong biosnyou can uodate the bios without the need for another cpu.

Agreed on the PSU part.

Also, that motherboard is very cheap. It should work fine, but I'd get a $100 B450 board like the MSI Tomahawk which is way better for only $20 more.

The main reason why I recommend at least the decent to good quality B450 boards is due to BIOS revisions. Typically those boards get the most attention when it comes to BIOS maturity, which is absolutely mandatory right now for Ryzen 3000.

Aug 6, 2019
Agreed on the PSU part.

Also, that motherboard is very cheap. It should work fine, but I'd get a $100 B450 board like the MSI Tomahawk which is way better for only $20 more.
I am also trying to build a 3600, and it seems everyone recommends the tomahawk, but i don't see it anywhere for $100. Did the prices go up or something since the 3000 launch?

I am also trying to build a 3600, and it seems everyone recommends the tomahawk, but i don't see it anywhere for $100. Did the prices go up or something since the 3000 launch?

Ah sorry I thought it was $100, but for $114, it's still a really good board for that price: https://www.newegg.com/msi-arsenal-gaming-b450-tomahawk/p/N82E16813144189

Even cooler, it has a BIOS flashback feature, so if it comes with a non compatible BIOS for 3rd Gen Ryzen. You can simply install the newer BIOS without CPU or RAM installed. Making the need to have a 1st or 2nd gen CPU on hand for BIOS updates irrelevant.

Anyways back on topic, OP actually I didn't realize lots of the good B450 boards are in the $85-90ish range now. So really any good $90 board is a good buy.

I recommend basically any of the MSI B450 boards, they all are really good. Asus has some decent offerings, but there is better out there for that price.

Aug 6, 2019
I appreciate the reply guys.
Yeah, the bios flashback is really my limiting feature when it comes to b450. I'm trying to do my first build so I have no parts or anything right now. I'm trying to get the most out of my money without losing out on some features that will future proof myself. I'm thinking that if the next-gen ryzen is going to have a different CPU socket then it might not make sense to get an x570 right now and to save some money on a mobo.
I'm really attracted to the itx form factor, but it's not a requirement. And 3600 isn't even a requirement but it seems like a good value. I just want something that doesn't lag when i have a bunch of tabs open and multitasking and I do want to game in the future. Wifi is pretty big for me too. I want to stay under $1200.
I hear that intel lan and wifi are much better than Realtek so I have been looking for those, but I'm not sure it will really make a huge difference. What are your opinions on that?
sorry to threadjack haha, I have so much to learn and I have been researching all this stuff so much lol. I appreciate all the advice I can get.

fmy

Aug 6, 2019
Thank you very much for the advice on the PSU, I almost invest my money.
About MOBO, I choose a cheap option because I plan to update it when MOBO's x570 are launched at low cost. On the BIOS update, I currently have a Ryzen 2200G, could this be used to update it?
At this point, should I upgrade to a motherboard with x570 hoping to have compatibility with the next generation of processors?

PD: MSI B450 gaming plus looks great!

Reactions: NightHawkRMX
About MOBO, I choose a cheap option because I plan to update it when MOBO's x570 are launched at low cost. On the BIOS update, I currently have a Ryzen 2200G, could this be used to update it?
At this point, should I upgrade to a motherboard with x570 hoping to have compatibility with the next generation of processors?

Not sure if x570 would be better with next gen cpus.

gambin0

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2012

Yes, the 2200g will work, i used one to upgrade my bios.

Asus b450 f gaming is a great board, got mine for 100. I'd go for asus over msi, you dont need the flashback feature because you got the 2200g