[SOLVED] Suggestions for upgrade

felkupr

Commendable
May 23, 2018
I have my built for over 6 years already, so I was thinking in maybe doing an upgrade. Right now my built is something like this:
Motherboard:ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77
CPU:Intel Core i7 2600K @3.40GHZ
GPU:AMD Radeon HD 7900 series
RAM:16 GB DDR3

I was thinking in maybe changing the motherboard and upgrade memory to DDR4 but Im not sure if I should stay with the same cpu or maybe upgrading that too. Budget is not a problem.

Solution
All motherboards that support your cpu will only use DDR3 and not DDR4. They are not interchangeable, they are physically different. A motherboard upgrade is pointless. You really only have the option of upgrading cpu/RAM/motherboard as a package.
All motherboards that support your cpu will only use DDR3 and not DDR4. They are not interchangeable, they are physically different. A motherboard upgrade is pointless. You really only have the option of upgrading cpu/RAM/motherboard as a package.

Solution

felkupr

Commendable
May 23, 2018
Thanks for the detail, was thinking it was possible so basically I would have to change the whole system.