[SOLVED] Suggestions on building a pc for many different applications?

Feb 3, 2021
Hi everyone!

I hope I chose the right section, I'm looking for suggestions about different components so I thought this would be the right category.

So... I need to build a new pc for work that will be used consistently on: Premiere Pro (for video editing and postprocessing in LOG or RAW format), Photoshop (for RAW photo editing), After Effects (for some effects accompaigning videos), Blender (for modeling and mostly photorealistic interior design rendering), Unity (mostly for games environments) and Cubase with a lot of VSTs (for soundtrack composition and mixing). Well, actually I will also play some games but this is not that important.

I know they're a lot of different programs. These are the things I will surely take:

• A RTX3090 (I'm open for suggestions regarding the brand)
  • Minimum 64gb of RAM
  • Minimum 2 SSD 1tb each

That said, any suggestions on motherboard, CPU and cooling systems?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Solution
You might want to read this article regarding best photoshop oriented builds.
https://www.pugetsystems.com/recomm...-Adobe-Photoshop-139/Hardware-Recommendations

On the processor side, the ryzen 5000 series are on top.
This, I think, is mainly because of the better IPC(Instructions Per Clock) of the series.
If 5000 series processors are not available reasonably to you, consider waiting for rocket lake in March which should have similar IPC gains

You may, per their suggestions use a lesser graphics card than a 3090.
As to brands, EVGA is very good in the US, primarily because of god support. I do not know if that is important in Italy.

On the ssd devices, life has just become more complicated with...

Lutfij

Titan
I moved the thread into the Systems section since you're asking for a build, essentially. You forgot to mention where you're located, what your builds cut off point(on budget) is and the build date. In fact we're asking for information that's asked of in this thread.

We can move forward from there.

Also, please be aware that the sort of tasks you want to do, is just shy of you building a super computer...or a system that animators at Pixar or Dreamworks would use.

Feb 3, 2021
I moved the thread into the Systems section since you're asking for a build, essentially. You forgot to mention where you're located, what your builds cut off point(on budget) is and the build date. In fact we're asking for information that's asked of in this thread.

We can move forward from there.

Also, please be aware that the sort of tasks you want to do, is just shy of you building a super computer...or a system that animators at Pixar or Dreamworks would use.
Hi!

Thank you for helping me with the thread!

I'm in Italy and I'd like to set the maximum spend at 3500 € (with the components I already said I consider mandatory included).

I'd like to build the pc as soon as possible since I'm doing almost everything on a mid-level laptop and the workflow is not at its best now, especially when it comes to video-editing.

I'm sorry bud my English isn't so good, I don't understand the last phrase.

You might want to read this article regarding best photoshop oriented builds.
https://www.pugetsystems.com/recomm...-Adobe-Photoshop-139/Hardware-Recommendations

On the processor side, the ryzen 5000 series are on top.
This, I think, is mainly because of the better IPC(Instructions Per Clock) of the series.
If 5000 series processors are not available reasonably to you, consider waiting for rocket lake in March which should have similar IPC gains

You may, per their suggestions use a lesser graphics card than a 3090.
As to brands, EVGA is very good in the US, primarily because of god support. I do not know if that is important in Italy.

On the ssd devices, life has just become more complicated with pcie 4.0.
You might read this anandtech article on testing ssd devices:
https://www.anandtech.com/show/16458/2021-ssd-benchmark-suite
My take is that the Samsung 980 pro is the device to get.

Solution