Suggestions on capture hardware?

ME

Hi,

I need to capture video of an Sony Hi-8 camcorder of mine to make
DVDs. I need to use a Notebook PC. I just had the unfortunate
experience of trying to use the Dazzle 150 and found that I couldn't
even install the *drivers* for it. So, I thought I'd ask here.

What do you all recommend for capturing video from RCA video and audio
outputs on a notebook PC?

TIA

DaveO

"daorriss@comcast.nospamforme.net" <me@privacy.net> wrote:

>I need to capture video of an Sony Hi-8 camcorder of mine to make
>DVDs. I need to use a Notebook PC. I just had the unfortunate
>experience of trying to use the Dazzle 150 and found that I couldn't
>even install the *drivers* for it. So, I thought I'd ask here.
>
>What do you all recommend for capturing video from RCA video and audio
>outputs on a notebook PC?

If the notebook has firewire, a Canopus ADVC-100 would be good.