Question Suggestions on new build

d_animality

Reputable
May 9, 2019
Hello everyone this is officially my first post here.., i'm really looking forward for a positive and entertaining conversation :)

so after doing several research i have come to this build:

1. Case - Cougar Panzer Max
  2. Processor - i9
  3. GPU - EVGA RTX 2080 XC GAMING
  4. Storage - 1x Samsung SSD 1TB 860 Evo and 2 3.5 HDD WD BLACK
  5. RAM - Gskill Trident - 4x8
  6. PSU - EVGA SUPERNOVA 750 G3

What do you guys think, is it okay? Im having trouble on deciding the motherboard, either to go with GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus or ASUS MAXIMUS or maybe others?.. i heard mix reviews on these mobos, i really need your assistance

and finally, the cooler... is it okay to go with NZXT Kraken X62 or X72 or maybe other brands or not a water cooling (please advice)

Please give suggestions guys, really need it, and if you think that i should go for a low cost rig without sacrificing the performances please just tell which should be replaced..

I really want this rig to last more than 10 years... just like my current rig (its still alive more than 12 years and performing well)

Thank You

WildCard999

Titan
Welcome to the forum!

What is your budget for this build?

What resolution/refresh rate are you gaming at?

Do you already have the peripherals, monitor, OS?

The 9900K/RTX 2080/32gb of memory would last awhile but if you were to give us a few more details then we can give you a better idea for your list.

d_animality

Reputable
May 9, 2019
Welcome to the forum!

What is your budget for this build?

What resolution/refresh rate are you gaming at?

Do you already have the peripherals, monitor, OS?

The 9900K/RTX 2080/32gb of memory would last awhile but if you were to give us a few more details then we can give you a better idea for your list.

Hi thank you very much for the greetings and fast responses, I have allocated around 2000-2400 budget for the build, but it can be beneficial for me if it can lower than that with the same performance, here is my preference:

1. as for the case i really like a rugged sturdy cool RGB tower case
  2. for Processor i prefer to stick with i9 as i really love a high-end processor so this is fine
  3. yes i already have the monitor and other peripherals like speakers and stuff
  4. i played DOTA2, PUBG, FORTNIGHT and some others and i really love to run these games at max settings
  5. Lastly, i also involved with Photo/Editing softwares like photoshop.. its part of my hobbies... so i hope this new build can cater for more multitasking

Hope this helps

d_animality

Reputable
May 9, 2019
Ideally, say what your budget is, what country you are in, what the purpose of the system is mainly for, eg. gaming, autocad, etc
Also the peripherals you already may have as Wildcard asked.
Not worth having a 2080 if you have a 1080p 60hz monitor

Apologies, im from Brunei but i always bought PC stuff from US since i have relatives there that can help me get it, so all of these things listed are accessible to me, as i mentioned i always use my pc for gaming and video/photo editing... like to do multi tasking while editing using 2nd monitor and stuff..

as for the monitor, its in the pipeline, will be getting it sooner or later, at the moment im using LED monitor

WildCard999

Titan
Ok, high end parts & a big ultrawide for gaming (100hz)/Photoshop (VA panel). The case is pricey but is absolutely beautiful, went with RGB for the AIO & memory.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($489.99 @ Walmart)
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i RGB PLATINUM 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($159.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($228.99 @ Newegg Business)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($172.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Intel - 660p Series 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($109.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Asus - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB STRIX GAMING Advanced Video Card ($494.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cougar - Panzer Evo RGB ATX Full Tower Case ($179.99 @ B&H)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($71.98 @ Newegg)
Monitor: MSI - Optix MAG341CQ 34.0" 3440x1440 100 Hz Monitor ($409.99 @ B&H)
Total: $2318.79
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-09 13:14 EDT-0400

Reactions: d_animality

d_animality

Reputable
May 9, 2019
Ok, high end parts & a big ultrawide for gaming (100hz)/Photoshop (VA panel). The case is pricey but is absolutely beautiful, went with RGB for the AIO & memory.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($489.99 @ Walmart)
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i RGB PLATINUM 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($159.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($228.99 @ Newegg Business)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($172.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Intel - 660p Series 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($109.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Asus - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB STRIX GAMING Advanced Video Card ($494.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cougar - Panzer Evo RGB ATX Full Tower Case ($179.99 @ B&H)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($71.98 @ Newegg)
Monitor: MSI - Optix MAG341CQ 34.0" 3440x1440 100 Hz Monitor ($409.99 @ B&H)
Total: $2318.79
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-09 13:14 EDT-0400

Thank you very much for this list, im concerned about the case as Panzer Pro doesnt have slots for 3.5 HDD, i have those from my current rig which i want to install in the new rig for medias

as for the video card, comparing to EVGA? just wondering

and lastly for the PSU, will that hold incase in the future im planning to updrade to 2080, increase RAM and stuff?

650W will match any computer that never uses more than 1 GPU now and in the future, as future models are always more efficient - upto a point
Nothing wrong with EVGA, most gpu's perform around the same when they are about the same price.
But there can be over $100 comparing a standard 2070 to an OC'd 2070 for a reason. But generall, all same quality at the end of the day
Look at guru3d for the best reviews on 2070's and other GPUs

d_animality

Reputable
May 9, 2019
650W will match any computer that never uses more than 1 GPU now and in the future, as future models are always more efficient - upto a point
Nothing wrong with EVGA, most gpu's perform around the same when they are about the same price.
But there can be over $100 comparing a standard 2070 to an OC'd 2070 for a reason. But generall, all same quality at the end of the day
Look at guru3d for the best reviews on 2070's and other GPUs

Okay thank you very much this forum very helpful for my first experience :) i dont mind taking all the suggested items as i can save more and the extras to get the monitor.. except the panzer pro.. since i read that it doesnt have slot for 3.5 bay, any other suggestions? but i really love the deisgn of that case actually

WildCard999

Titan
Thank you very much for this list, im concerned about the case as Panzer Pro doesnt have slots for 3.5 HDD, i have those from my current rig which i want to install in the new rig for medias

as for the video card, comparing to EVGA? just wondering

and lastly for the PSU, will that hold incase in the future im planning to updrade to 2080, increase RAM and stuff?
The case has two 3.5 bays, how many were you going to add in? There's also four 2.5 bays so you could add in 2TB Hybrid (SSHD) drive for like $80.

EVGA or Asus, both are excellent.

The Seasonic Focus Gold is one of the best PSU's out there and comes with a 10 year warranty, also 650W would be enough even if you were to upgrade to the 2080 ti.

Reactions: d_animality

d_animality

Reputable
May 9, 2019
The case has two 3.5 bays, how many were you going to add in? There's also four 2.5 bays so you could add in 2TB Hybrid (SSHD) drive for like $80.

EVGA or Asus, both are excellent.

The Seasonic Focus Gold is one of the best PSU's out there and comes with a 10 year warranty, also 650W would be enough even if you were to upgrade to the 2080 ti.

Ah thank you now i check the official web it really does have 3.5 bay... sorry i read from some review page saying it doesnt have any... so happy thank you for clarifying i really love this case actually its my 1st choice

ive decided to go for ASUS as it was (as mentioned by ElectrO_90 - $100 wayy cheaper)

The seasonic is now in my list as per u suggested..

one last question... the mobo... comparing with GIGABYTE only diff by $7, i dont mind sticking with what u have suggested if its better

d_animality

Reputable
May 9, 2019
wait a minute... somethings changed... i swear the GPU u mentioned above cost 495 when i clicked.. but now i clicked it again.. it shows me different GPU with 500 bucks... :S can u give me the link to the GPU you have suggested earlier? coz i cant seem to find any 495 cards now

d_animality

Reputable
May 9, 2019
anyway thank you very much again .. this is very helpful.. and its not time consuming..and overall u save me few hundreds bucks.. amazing!! so satisfied now.. im gonna make my orders soon

TRENDING THREADS